ZoneAlarm protection from port ??? question

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by SonyaM32, May 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SonyaM32

SonyaM32 Registered Member

This pos up every 5 minutes. I have no clue what it means. I clicked on 'more info' but I still don't understand. Does this mean someone is trying to access my computer every few minutes?
    I know I can put a check in the 'don't show me this again' box and I am about to do just that as soon as I find out what it is :D
    Hopefully there is not any personal info about my computer in this picture, if there is please erase it for me,, quick :D :D :D :D :D
    Thanks! :)

Attached Files:

2. BILL G

BILL G Registered Member

It is ZA Blocking Incoming . CK the No Show

3. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    Your firewall informs you of attempts at your ip - not your computer. Every second, millions upon millions of computers are routinely scanned for open ports and services listened to these ports for possible exploits. This is nothing personal and unusual.
    Your firewall is doing the job of a gatekeeper and informing you of every attempt. Nothing to be alarmed off. You can safely ignore these prompts, because you really do not need to know this information. Your firewall seems to be doing its job.
    Mrk

4. rafael

rafael Registered Member

Nothing to worry about.

5. SonyaM32

SonyaM32 Registered Member

Thanks everyone :)
    So does that mean if I did not have the firewall protection that anyone could use my IP to get on the internet and look up whatever they want to? And if it was illegal, since it is my IP they are using I would be the one in trouble? Just curious how it all works since I am kinda slow about computers sometimes, lol :D :D :D
    Thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.