ZoneAlarm promotion - April 13th

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by renegade08, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

:D :D :D
    I prefer not to tell,or some of the members will become followers.:D

2. Konata Izumi

Konata Izumi Registered Member

yay I recieved a year license from ZA.
    it took my gmail 1 day to recieve it though. :<

3. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

Hi:

Could anyone tell me how resource intensive or ram hog, freezing etc. thew zonealarm firewall pro is please? I got my free license but when checked the system requirement at zone alarm it mentions a processor of at least 2MHZ and more and my laptops are dual core amd athlon 64 bit but less then 2 GHZ (1.9 and 1.6 GHZ) and my desktop is 2.3GHZ but has 1.5GB of ram instead of 2 GB ram requirement. My laptops have 2GB rams though.

So anyway does anyone know if the firewall pro will run smooth or good on my systems or not? Anyone with experience of the firewall pro on their system please tell me. Thanks in advance.

4. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Got my key and I plan on installing it this weekend :D

5. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

It used slightly over 20Mbs on my system right after install with nothing but FF on.

6. stratoc

stratoc Guest

the athlons model number is its speed equivelent to intel, it used to work but got out of hand when dual cores came along! so a single core athlon 64 3500+ which if i remember runs about 2.2 gz should be judged as a 3.5 gz intel.
    so you have more than enough.

7. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

Hi again:

Thanks for the replies. So with 20MB ram usage it should be ok on my amd athlon 3500+ 64bit with 1.5GB ram then? So my laptops are fine then. I am going to install it along the side of a-squared anti-malware and paid malwarebyte with realtime enabled and sandboxie. So with these running it should still be ok to install and run firewall pro then?

8. Zekeblue

Zekeblue Registered Member

I noticed that too, but that is when running on Win7. On XP, the requirement was >1GHz (if I recall correctly), so some of that is evidently about the operating system's needs.

9. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

I'm using OA++ with the anti-virus disabled. With Ff open the four processes total 14,452mb on XP.

10. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

14gigs of ram being used. Really!

11. davhag64

davhag64 Registered Member

I never got my key. Did this happen to anyone else? Is their another way to get it?:thumbd:

12. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

did you double check the spam folder?

13. ASM

ASM Registered Member

14. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

All the keys I got seem to arrived fine

15. SamTHorn

SamTHorn Registered Member

I have not used Zonealarm for over a year. I have encountered soo many issues with it that I immediate remove it when any of my clients have in installed.

I don't like it.

~ Sam

16. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Well I guess in a way this comment has no meaning then. Sense you have not tested it for a very long time you have no idea if the bugs have been fixed. :cautious:

17. rogervernon

rogervernon Registered Member

Tried it: the first time I've had ZA for at least 7 years.
    Regrettably, for me at least, it slowed down booting and surfing on my laptop, running XP Home.
    Having seen the tip about Online Armor for a VERY silly price, the decision was easy - OA installed, with Avast5 (free) and everything is now running nicely.
    (I had OA++, due for renewal soon, but couldn't see paying out to renew for another year at this time.)

18. SamTHorn

SamTHorn Registered Member

I do encounter it, with many clients, all the time and the first thing I do is remove it and it works fine again.

If anyone suggests you to add zonealarm, find another tech.

19. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Yeah I went so far as to download it to my laptop. Thats about as close as it came to being installed. If anyone would like a license key let me know.

20. tipo

tipo Registered Member

first of all that`s the free version, second of all that`s a hips test, third of all the other suites better than zonealarm (meaning hips) don`t have za`s AV/AM engine... so, what`s the point of your post?

21. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Rofl I am a Tech.. There is nothing wrong with the program. The problem is normally the thing that sits between the chair and the keyboard. That said normally its a simple conflict that is easily fixed if your not one of those "Lazy techs" that rather blame programs them self's then figure out why it is running that way.

This does not apply only to ZA it's with any program. Anyone in the computer field would understand this.

22. fax

fax Registered Member

If you or your clients are not able to use ZA then better they return their PCs to their respective manufacturers and go back to use a solid technology... a typewriter... :D

Well, is this non sense comments really makes me sad. What's the point of the post apart from been un-helpful and un-informative? o_O

...and three posts... two on ZA... no content just hate... stop trolling please! The thread is about ZAPRO promotion! :mad:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  23. EscapeVelocity

EscapeVelocity Registered Member

Anybody have a key they will send me, if they arent using the program? I missed the giveaway.

24. zip

zip Registered Member

I'm using my free subscription of ZoneAlarm Pro on Xp sp3 & Windows 7.

They are running smooth and quiet.:)

The only negative about ZoneAlarm is the support forum.

It's the worst support forum I know of except maybe Comodo's.:oops:

25. falkor

falkor Registered Member

LOL . Ya think ??:ninja: :cool: :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.