ZoneAlarm Line At 6.5.722.000

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by QBgreen, Jun 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QBgreen

QBgreen Registered Member

Well gang, here we go again. The fine folks at Zone Labs (Checkpoint) have updated their ZoneAlarm products to v. 6.5.722.000. No release notes (at least none that I could find! :D ) as of yet. Don't know whether or not if this is good news! ;)

2. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

no wouldn't even install, gave me a 'we have to close' window...I'm stumped on this version of ZASS, all the other versions have been great...

3. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

I'm glad I didn't install the last couple of versions, I'm going to let the dust settle on this one as well!

4. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Changelog now available

New and improved features in ZoneAlarm Pro version 6.5.722.000

Fixed: Removed McAfee installation gate
    Fixed- LastWriteTime not being updated

5. rpsgc

rpsgc Registered Member

Does it fix that "not enough permissions to run" bug?

6. sosaiso

sosaiso Registered Member

I'd have to agree. It's been quite a fight to get 6.5 to work properly... Problems with installing things, problems with im connections. And the inability to revert back to 6.1 because of a bad uninstaller that leaves fragments behind. :T

7. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

I have no problems in installing ZoneAlarm Pro 6.5.714.000. No error occurred so far with browsing and IM connections.

8. ashley194

ashley194 Registered Member

Got home this evening, to find a ZoneAlarm update message urging me to download the latest version - again! So clicked 'update now' which took me to the zone labs page, where i was advised to click the 'download now' link (which I couldn't find!). So I downloaded the latest trial version, when it was downloaded could I install this new version - (No!). So what I did to install 6.5.722.000, was to open IE (not my browser of choice) & choose 'run' rather than 'save'. That allowed me to install the latest version, which should've been plain-sailing. Ah well, now it's running fine :doubt:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2006
  9. sosaiso

sosaiso Registered Member

Now that's weird... I've never had problems with ZA, but this time I've had a few problems. Installation went smoothly, but when I uninstalled and tried reinstalling, there were access conflicts with some dll or another. Had to go into safe mode to delete files. :T

IM connection problems might have been premature. I'm pretty sure it's the new version, but I'm reading that AOL and Yahoo servers are upgrading or another, so I'll wait to confirm later on...

10. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

I have a clean install of 6.5.722.000 and everything is fine here...:D

11. RAV

RAV Registered Member

No issues here with the latest version. I am running the Anti-spyware edition of ZA.

12. TopperID

O.K., well I've been trying out ZAP 6.5.722.000 for a few days now, basically it's working well but I do have one problem - when I shut down Windows it is slow to close and I get a ZA box pop-up (saying the prog is trying to close) before things finally shut down.

It's not a big issue, but has anyone else noticed this?

13. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Yes, I got the same slow down when exiting ZA Pro. ZA took a little more time to close, but not a big issue. Other things are quite stable as of now.

14. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

Add me to the list. I have the same "minor" issue. No biggy. :)

15. hoos1

hoos1 Registered Member

The new ZA made my cpu crash I get the blue screen of death now and can't get it to go away!:mad: I need some serious help!!o_O

Here's the error message that pops up at startup:
    STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0xEEED54D0, 0xF7BC21CC, 0xF7BC1EC:cool:

I've got a Dell Demension running P4 @ 2.2GHz, 1GB Mem about 14GB free HD
    Attached is what the HiJackthis program has logged.
    Much thanks in advance for your help!!!!!! :thumb:

Attached Files:

16. TopperID

17. hoos1

hoos1 Registered Member

:D WWWWOOOOOHHHHOOOO!!!! Topper you da man!
    I followed the clean un-install instructions and I was able to access my normal desktop (missed the beach background!) now I'm hesitant to install ZA again, this fiasco put me behind a couple days.
    I had 6.1 installed before and it worked fine, should I stick with it or try the new 6.5 again??

Thanks again! ;)

18. TopperID

If I ever try a new release of a prog and it doesn't seem to settle on my system, I'll go back to an earlier version until a fresh update is available.

It's really a question of whether you uninstalled cleanly before trying the new version; with ZAP I always go through the following procedure:-

1) Click Overview/Preferences and untick the box 'Load ZAP at startup';

2) Right click tray icon and select 'Shutdown ZAP';

3) Reboot - (you should now have no things running, which will give you a better uninstall);

4) Uninstall ZAP, using uninstaller in 'Start' menu;

5) Reboot;

6) Install the new version;

7) Reboot.

That may sound like a lot of boots but it doesn't take long and it seems to do the trick.

19. pwillener

pwillener Registered Member

I never, ever had problems with upgrading ZA versions, until 6.5. But following SlyFox'es instructions at the Zone Labs forum installed it without a hitch.

20. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

To ensure that there is no trace of any ZoneAlarm (or other antivirus or anti-spyware software) in the harddisk, I always roll back to the copy of TrueImage backup of my partition without ZoneAlarm. Therefore, all my ZoneAlarm installation are always clean and fresh!!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.