ZoneAlarm Line at 6.5.714

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by QBgreen, Jun 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QBgreen

QBgreen Registered Member

The folks at Zone Labs (Checkpoint) have released v. 6.5.714 of their ZoneAlarm products. I haven't found release notes for this version (yet).

2. Albinoni

Albinoni Registered Member

But didnt they release a new verison not that long ago, say 2 weeks if I recall.

3. QBgreen

QBgreen Registered Member

They did. Version 6.5.700 was released June 5. I'll take a shot and say that this release (6.5.714) is a bug squasher.

4. DaveD

DaveD Guest

Hopefully this new version will actually allow connectivity. Last version wouldn't even allow me to connect locally to my router (wired) let along not be able to browse the internet or anything. Even after removing ZA with the /clean option I still had no connectivity.

5. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

6. unhappy_viewer

unhappy_viewer Registered Member

Here is the changelog for all types of ZA:
    ZA Internet Security Suite has one more problem fixed:

7. ugly

ugly Registered Member

I give it a try but I have problems with it playing games ( comp. freezing).
    And a much too long boot ...
    Back to outpost for now.

8. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I will only upgrade if the HIPS has been improved and a faster start up time would also be nice. ;)

9. sosaiso

sosaiso Registered Member

The HIPS has becomes slower and slower with each upgrade, but this version fixes a problem I had with drag and drop burning in XP.

10. <DreamCatcher>

<DreamCatcher> Registered Member

Last edited: Jun 17, 2006
  11. unhappy_viewer

unhappy_viewer Registered Member

I saw the numerous posts about the new incompatibility message with McAfee but I am not sure what the exact imcompatibility is. This message is also reportedly being displayed even with the free version of ZA which is a complete firewall product only. It also occurs only with the v6.5.714.000 line. ZL should know about this since they set the installer to display the incompatibility message. Hopefully another new version will be out soon.

When people initially did a force reinstall of McAfee after installing ZA, they did not notice any visual conflicts (error messages etc). This led me to believe its a under-the-hood conflict (something more system related). The link to the post I am giving below seems to confirm my suspicion. McAfee AV seems to be taking alot of CPU resources when doing its real-time protection. Note that this only occurs with McAfee and not any other even AV (even Norton uses less resources this time):
    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/board/message?board.id=Antivirus&message.id=11986

12. andyrock

andyrock Registered Member

ZoneAlarm 6.5 is not yet ready for daily usage. You should consider it beta for now and read the forums at zonelabs.com before upgrading... I'm saying this cause I didn't read the forums and found by myself the installation bugs...

I usually disable OSFirewall because I don't quite like that, and after that and some other minor configurations windows could not determine if there was any firewall working! I decided to reboot my laptop and 30 seconds later noticed that the zlclient icon would not appear at boot. Starting the client from the start menu is a no go, as there is some problem with zonealarm device permissions. A mess...

If you're going to upgrade to 6.5 you should reconsider not to... After all I'm not the only one getting trouble with this release. They will fix these bugs soon, I hope. Until then 6.1 will do the job as before.

13. rpsgc

rpsgc Registered Member

Yeah... welcome to the club :cautious:

14. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

I just have a fresh install of ZoneAlarm Pro 6.5.714.000 in Windows 2000 SP4 with all hotfixes and everything went very smooth without any installation problem or BSOD.

I got no problems in running ZoneAlarm Pro 6.5.714.000 with NOD32 2.51.26 (all modules running), Ewido 4.0.0.172 (Resident shield running), A-Squared 2.0.0.373 (all modules running), and Process Guard 3.4 Beta 1. I was able to browse the internet with Firefox, Opera and IE with no problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.