ZoneAlarm Light

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Dave-54321, Sep 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave-54321

Dave-54321 Guest

Who would agree with me 100% that a light version of ZoneAlarm would be an amazing product?

Personal, I gave up on ZoneAlarm after say 4.5.x as it became more and more bloated with each release. I am all about a firewall that is just that; a firewall. Nothing more, and nothing less. I enjoyed using ZoneAlarm 2.6.x more then any other ZoneAlarm release, to be honest with you.

If ZoneAlarm were to release a light version I would definitely pay for that. 2.6.x were good old days.

Just a thought...

2. iwod

iwod Registered Member

Depends how you define "light"

To me Zonealarm has NEVER been "light" enough. Even with eailer versions. And i dont think the whole program has gone anything better with huge version number jump anyway. I would suggest they look at the code and seriously consider a rewrite...

3. TraCKs

TraCKs Registered Member

I recomended the same thing in the zonealarm forum a couple of months ago, a firewall version like the ZAPro 4.5 was, and you watch how many new and old uses would come back to ZA. I use the latest version of ZAPro and in my opinion, each new release is getting more and more bloated. Now that i have a router, im thinking of reinstalling the older ZAPro 4.5 version, as i also have ProcessGuard...

4. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

There is already a ZoneAlarm "Light". The free version! :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.