Zonealarm IS 7.0

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by jodu, Nov 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

if kasperskys defense is soooo good, why the need to do daily scans and many many a week, you paranoid?

and the best thing about ZASS is zonealarm itself, sales proved this as they sold absolutly millions and had one of the worst antiviruses on the market, CA.

2. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

Obviously, my sight and mind must not be what it once was. Could you show me where 'I' said that 'I' - "do daily scans and many many a week"?.

There are people that scan every evening before turning their machine off. If that's what makes them comfortable, then so be it.

You could say the same thing about 'AVG'. Seems to be the most popular 'Freebie', but has the 'Lowest' detection rates of the freebies!.

3. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

says who?

the latest version is yet to be tested

4. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I can say from first hand experience that AVG 7.5 has improved both signature and heuristic detection from earlier versions. :)

As for ZoneAlarm, CA wasn't *too* bad as an AV, and alongside PestPatrol, could provide decent enough protection to users. But I do believe Zone Lab's reputation had a lot to do with ZASS' sales. The company is definitely on the right track - The decision to include Kaspersky AV technology with ZA 7 is proof of that. ;)

5. fax

fax Registered Member

PestPatrolo_O
    ZA Anti-Spyware is internally developed...

Cheers,
    Fax

6. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Earlier in the year, I had ZASS installed, along with Spysweeper, which I still use. One day after doing a scan with my SS and finding nothing, I was looking at the ewido site and decided to give it a try at the advice of some folks on another forum. I ran a scan and it found 15 pieces of malware. Neither ZASS or SS had picked up anything although they were running. Ewido has been bought by AVG and changed the colors on the interface and added a few things, but it still finds things that SS misses. A few months ago I replaced ZASS with Comodo, and I still wonder why I endured ZASS so long.

7. fax

fax Registered Member

15 pieces? That sounds strange SS is known to be a quite good antispyware. I had the same experience with Ewido although, in my case, they were all harmless tracking cookies... :D

Fax

8. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Fax - In SS defence, as you know every antispyware app is configured a little differently than the next. One app will miss a certain thing and another app will miss something else. That's why we should have 2 or 3 different antispyware apps with one running. :cool:

9. fax

fax Registered Member

Yes, I agree... but 15 serious malware infiltrations seems too much to me... I could understand better if you say that the majority were registry left-over or cookies and you had only 1-2 active malware.... o_O

Fax

10. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

My mistake then, I assumed ZA- AntiSpy was PestPatrol. Sorry..

11. fax

fax Registered Member

No problem at all Firecat!
    Thanks for replying :D :D

Fax

12. eBBox

eBBox Registered Member

How's the the development of Zonealarm Internet Security Suite 7 going? Havent heard about it for a while.

13. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

Still going on.
    A new version is exptected in a couple of days.
    I'm very happy with it.

14. eBBox

eBBox Registered Member

Oki, i might try it out then :thumb: Looking forward for the final result ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.