zonealarm internet security updates

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by anderb, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anderb

anderb Registered Member

Hello friends I´ve read very good reviews about this suite,so I installed it,believe or not all my ports are stealth and I passed the tests at shields up and pcflank,when I used KIS it didn´t happen! but I have a question,how do I check if I have the latest antivirus database,cause on the program you can see when it was updated but where to check if it has the latest virus database?
    I´ve read it uses kaspersky engine as antivirus,is it true? I have version 7.0.408.000.Thanks for now;)

2. fax

fax Registered Member

Hi!
    as mentioned in another thread with this same question... you have the latest update if you see that your AV is updating every hour. If not, you will get an error or your "Definition last update" time will remain unchanged.

For the latter case there may be a connection error or an antivirus DAT was not released.

You have also an AV DAT number (not visible on all systems) under the product info tab but there is no reference number to compare with and the number changes every hour or so, so it is pretty useless.

ZASS use the Kaspersky SDK engine for viruses/spyware/riskware as well as its own on demand engine for spyware scan + http spysite blocking.

Cheers,
    Fax

3. Bluenile

Bluenile Registered Member

I noticed that with KIS as well, I could not get it to pass as stealthed on Shields Up so off it came....

4. anderb

anderb Registered Member

Hello Fax thanks your reply,keep up the good work:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.