zonealarm IM Secure?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by jill, Aug 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jill

jill Guest

zone labs IM SECURE free/pro...
    i had problems with it on aol.
    nice idea -
    any input on this program.

2. Clayton

Clayton Guest

I love ZoneAlarm Free firewall, but this program I didn't understand at all. It doesn't seem to do much eithier, Y!TunnelPro is much better for Yahoo! Messenger, and AOL is pretty safe itself. Back on the subject, I don't like this program very much. o_O It left me confused and a little mad for wasting my time.

3. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

Hi Jill - I have ZoneAlarm Pro which I recently installed and altho' it can be a pain in the you know what, once you have everything configured properly it works like a charm. There is also an online forum for users of ZA to ask questions if they have any problems. The free version is very good also, but I found spyware was able to fool the free version & write itself into Program Control and get out with information whereas I have ZAP password protected ... I like to have control of what accesses the internet and what cannot & vice versa. It boils down to a matter of preference and if you are willing to take the time to learn all the features of ZAP. There is also an online manual for ZAP. Regarding AOL I dumped them several years ago for many reasons.

4. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

:D hmm actualy its the easyest most secure fire wall for newbies out of all the fire walls look n stop is for advance ussers and its the best

what i did was read lowwatter sticky posts at the top of this forume on zone alarm

it has pictures and he makes everything so easy to understand

just copy the pics lol

maybe i need to get started on a newbie guide algain

are you guys on cable or dial up

5. rerun2

rerun2 Registered Member

Some other notes about it.

The last time I checked IM Secure did not offer support for ICQ. It also uses 56 bit DES encryption :( , and i do not believe the free version offers the encryption feature.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.