Zonealarm free firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by The Red Moon, Mar 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amin

Amin Registered Member

yes unfortunately.

you know if ZA pro was free I wouldn't let it go that easily!

Of course what I'm obsessed by is having the capability to mess with very detailed settings :D

Amin :)

2. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

Used in the past ZoneAlarm as pro and no matter how much i liked to tweak advanced settings i ended up in letting it default or uninstall it ,as every time i was making custom settings it would crash or freeze my machine.
    I would say the free if it works (no internet slowdowns) is the best choice :)

3. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I was using a very old version, so that's why I didn't notice it.

And don't get me wrong, the look and feel has become better. However, not having quick access to ''program control'' is unacceptable. :mad:

I'm not sure whats up with GUI designers nowadays, I'm also a bit shocked when I look at SpyShelter Firewall, it's quite unhandy.

Well, almost totally. :D

4. fax

fax Registered Member

Yeap, I could guess that... GUI design nowadays is targeting novice/average users (the main market). In principle these users would not need to access that area at all, or even better, they should not access it to avoid messing up with permissions and then find themselves without internet access (I can assure you this is happening very often) :)

5. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Yes, perhaps that's the whole idea behind it. :cautious:

I've also checked out ZA Pro, of course the same problem, could have guessed it. o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.