ZoneAlarm Free AV + Other FW

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Brandonn2010, Oct 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

Due to its very strong showing in the last 2 AV-Test tests, I am considering including ZoneAlarm Free AV in my list of recommended AVs on my website.

However, I know you can't uninstall the firewall component. I don't really want to include suites in my list (with the exception of Roboscan since it can allow a 3rd-party FW).

Can you install a 3rd-party FW alongside ZA if you disable its firewall?

Also, correct me if I am wrong about Roboscan allowing a 3rd-party firewall.

Thanks

2. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

No! What's the point? The ZA Firewall is an excellent product. There is no need to run anything else. The AV and Firewall where designed to work together.

3. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

Very well. I just put a bold message on my site telling people not to use a 3rd-party FW with ZA. Does it have HIPS as well?

4. gery

gery Registered Member

it does have some sort of HIPS i believe

5. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

To answer your question about Roboscan IS and adding a 3rd party firewall:

Yes, in my experience it can be done- at least with the Comodo firewall version 5.12.55693.2551 and D+ running XP/SP2..

I tried using Roboscan with only the AV component active along with Comodo Firewall/D+ and as far as I could tell there was no conflict.
    The Roboscan FW component remained off throughout the day and into the next day and the Comodo FW performed as expected.
    No problem encountered with Roboscan's AV during configuration or scanning.

The Comodo FW was installed first and following install of Roboscan IS, the Roboscan FW was turned off without any action by me.

I hope this helps.

6. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Instead of bloating the computer like that why not just use the full comodo internet security suite.:ninja:

7. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

Beethoven1770;

The exercise was performed as a test- just to see what would happen.
    No specific intent to bloat a computer.
    I merely wanted to see if it would work.
    I found out it would.
    Now the OP has an answer to his question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.