ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus + Firewall

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by AssassinKID, May 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AssassinKID

AssassinKID Registered Member

2. fax

fax Registered Member

3. RejZoR

RejZoR Polymorphic Sheep

Actually that thread was for the beta and a new one would be a better thing to have imo.

Only thing i don't particularly like is the factb that vsmon.exe is consuming whooping 200+ MB of RAM. Not exactly an issue for my 4GB+ RAM systems, but those with just 2GB may suffer a bit...
  4. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Same here 4Gb RAM,when i saw it using 300+ megs immediately uninstalled.I simply don't like it.Maybe they'll do something about it...
  5. fax

fax Registered Member

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  6. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

I've never seen it go that high. During an 8 hour day at work using a lot of VPN's, VDI's, M$ office stuff and .net vb programming it climbed to 160meg which I thought was high. But then again I have 4G of ram on my notebook and a core i3 processor with a terabyte of disk. On lower spec systems, I wonder how much of an issue this would be.

Ice
  7. AssassinKID

AssassinKID Registered Member

I installed then uninstalled after one day use. The memory consumption is too high for my taste (my desktop only has 1GB RAM). Switched to Comodo because I know what I'm doing :p
    Plus ZA didn't like DownThemAll! plugin for Firefox, it took over downloads even after I disabled the download check function, I couldn't get DTA! to work (it handed over to windows for saving file, slow as)
    Last edited: May 4, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.