ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus + Firewall

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by AssassinKID, May 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AssassinKID

AssassinKID Registered Member

2. fax

fax Registered Member

3. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Actually that thread was for the beta and a new one would be a better thing to have imo.

Only thing i don't particularly like is the factb that vsmon.exe is consuming whooping 200+ MB of RAM. Not exactly an issue for my 4GB+ RAM systems, but those with just 2GB may suffer a bit...

4. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Same here 4Gb RAM,when i saw it using 300+ megs immediately uninstalled.I simply don't like it.Maybe they'll do something about it...

5. fax

fax Registered Member

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  6. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

I've never seen it go that high. During an 8 hour day at work using a lot of VPN's, VDI's, M$ office stuff and .net vb programming it climbed to 160meg which I thought was high. But then again I have 4G of ram on my notebook and a core i3 processor with a terabyte of disk. On lower spec systems, I wonder how much of an issue this would be.

Ice

7. AssassinKID

AssassinKID Registered Member

I installed then uninstalled after one day use. The memory consumption is too high for my taste (my desktop only has 1GB RAM). Switched to Comodo because I know what I'm doing :p
    Plus ZA didn't like DownThemAll! plugin for Firefox, it took over downloads even after I disabled the download check function, I couldn't get DTA! to work (it handed over to windows for saving file, slow as)

Last edited: May 4, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.