Zonealarm extreme problem for action center in windows 7 64 bit

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by bryan8888, Mar 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bryan8888

bryan8888 Registered Member

Hi everyone!

I have a totally fresh install of zonealarm extreme 9.1.008.000 on my computer with windows 7 64 bit home premium. I have no other security softwares in my system. After I installed, the action center reported that it can find zonealarm extreme as a antivirus software and needs to update. However no spyware software has been found except windows defender( I already manually disabled windows defender). In other words, windows 7 action center can not recognize zonealarm extreme as a spyware software. What can I do?

I already uninstalled zonealarm extreme using removal tool provided by forum several times. Start a fresh install. but useless...

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Hey Bryan,
    I think such a problem would be better handled over at the checkpoint forum. Unless you have already tried over there. Silly question but have you uninstalled it, ran the removal tool and then ran something like ccleaner?

3. bryan8888

bryan8888 Registered Member

hi kjdemuth!

Yes, i had tried everthing you mentioned. I talked to the live support of checkpoint.. They told me I needed to contact microsoft!!!! They thought that was microsoft's problem which it can not recongnize zonealarm!!

That is why i post here and see if any one use zonealarm . Maybe they have some experiences with this issue.

4. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Could be that they haven't gotten around to adding it to the security center yet. It's not zonealarms fault. Its microsoft for not updating the list of 64 bit AV and firewalls. They have to be able to recognize it. Not that other way around.

5. Narxis

Narxis Registered Member

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and it says:

Windows Defender and Zone Alarm Extreme Security Anti-Spyware are turned on.

Maybe you should use the latest beta(9.1.180.000) version, it has a lots of fixes and it works great. No slowdowns, no problems. I'm using it.

6. fax

fax Registered Member

Yes, if you are so stressed about WSC not reporting it just update to the latest ZAX beta :rolleyes:
    [duplicate posting everywhere will not help getting your issue resolved, on the contrary.... just give the impression of little respect for user communities]

7. NoIos

NoIos Registered Member

It happens, not that often, that windows security center takes something wrong and it's really hard to make it change "opinion". Once I have tried everything and I was angry enough to reformat. In any case you could try to use a new version of the software, like others suggested here, and see what happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.