zonealarm dosent allow launchcast! help!

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Adam_21, Jul 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam_21

Adam_21 Guest

Hello All,
    i am really a novice in using computers, but i learned the hard way to take computer security seriously, what with all the spyware, adware, browser hijackers, trojans and what not infecting my pc from all sides.

i now know better, and this is one of the sites that has helped me make informed decisions about security, and i thank you guys for it.

my problem is that i have added launchcast.com to my trusted sites in zonealarm, but i just cannot play my radio.

[i tried to contact zonealarm guys, but they have this crazy simulation program of a live person, and it dosent understand a thing about my queries!]

could anyone please help me so i can tweak my settings to play my station?
    thanks!

2. Adam

Adam Registered Member

sorry, a correction! Adam_21 is registered as me, Adam!

3. DavidH

DavidH Registered Member

Hi Adam,

I am not sure how it is in Zone Alarm. But with the firewall I use, some things like active content are processed indepedently of the firewall rules processing. So if you are using Zone Alarm's active content blocking (popups, active x, java script, etc), you may want to modify those settings and see if you can get your Launch station to play. Remember to press and hold Ctrl and then press F5 to force a full page reload of the launch site. Pressing and holding the Ctrl key and clicking on the browser refresh button will do the same thing.

If you need specific help on altering the Zone Alarm Active Content settings, perhaps another member here can help you out. I haven't used Zone Alarm for a few years.

I hope that advice helps. It worked for me.

Have a good day. :)

4. Adam_21

Adam_21 Guest

hey there DavidH !

thanks for the reply Dave....i think i figured what was going wrong.

u see, in the option of 'Privacy'/Ad Blocking.....i had the set the option of 'blocking all ads'. thats why, since i yet have yet to subscribe for my player, the ads are necessarry for the functioning of the player.

so when i put the option to 'allow all ads' the player started working.

but still there was a problem....i couldnt rate songs etc. because there was just a white screen, with the music playing, and then after 2 or 3 songs , the player would hang.

so then, in the 'privacy' tab of zonealarm, in the tab 'site list' i added http://launch.yahoo.com...and then i allowed 'mobile code' and allowed 'session cookie' and '3rd party cookie'.

so now that i did that, the player is working fine, the songs are skipping well, and i can rate it as well as edit my station.

well, i think everyting is the way it should be....
    You have a nice day David..chao!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.