ZoneAlarm 6.5.700.000 Line Released

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by QBgreen, Jun 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QBgreen

QBgreen Registered Member

For all of you running a ZA product, the entire line has been updated. Lots of info on their site (www.zonelabs.com). Hey, post back real soon as to how they're working! :D

2. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    Did it become lighter? o_O

Will it still affect my internet speed, and let me to view all sites on the web? o_O

3. unhappy_viewer

unhappy_viewer Registered Member

Here are the list of changes for ZASS (Other types of ZA products will have the appropriate changes). Take note that ZA 6.5 is NO LONGER COMPATIBLE with Windows 98/ME. The last version of ZA that is compatible with Windows 98 SE/ME is ZA 6.1.
    Take note that Identity Theft Protection Centre has replaced the ID Lock feature in ZA pro and ZASS to provide greater protection of people's privacy. ZL has created a FAQ page on the new Identity Theft protection feature:
    http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/company/idtpc/faq.jsp?dc=12bms&ctry=US&lang=en&lid=ps_idtpc

Last edited: Jun 5, 2006
  4. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

5. Hyperion

Hyperion Registered Member

Back to 6.1.744 for me.I tried to install ZAF twice,after uninstalling the previousv version,rebooting,using 2 reg cleaners.Result : Zlclient wouldn't load.Just vsmon...

6. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

I too had a bad install. At first, it seemed that everything was running fine. However, when I try to shut down ZA I start getting error messages for all my other apps that were running. I couldn’t even properly shut ZA down, it would just hang. I had to use FirstDefense to get it off my comuter, the normal way didn't work. I should have known that something was wrong when windows security center was telling me that I didn't have a firewall installed after installing ZA.

7. kalpik

kalpik Registered Member

Some things never change!

8. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Did mine as a fresh install after removing the previous version per instructions found on their forum. So far so good.

9. ink

ink Registered Member

work fine now, 25m total, the os firewall make the application start a little slower.

10. DigitalMan

DigitalMan Registered Member

Hmm, tried to install new ZA Free and it told me that it detected Prevx1, that there is an incompatability with Prevx1 and that installation was terminated.

Any idea what that is all about?

11. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

much improved over other versions...lighter load & full bandwidth, load about 40,000kb...suppose to have newer vet av and updating is different , have to look further...

12. sosaiso

sosaiso Registered Member

Fine here as well. Update my ZASS, and my ZA free on a few of my friends' computers. No problems yet.

Can anyone confirm a conflict with Prevx1? I was hoping to reenable that soon since it came out with 1.2

13. unhappy_viewer

unhappy_viewer Registered Member

I am not sure what potential conflict ZA might have with Prevx. Appearantly some people got problems when Prevx upgraded to v1.2.0.39 and that may be why ZL gave the notification. You can do a brute-install of Prevx but there may be potential problems/conflicts in the future. See this thread:
    http://castlecops.com/t158295-Prevx1_Zone_Alarm_6_5_conflict.html

14. <DreamCatcher>

<DreamCatcher> Registered Member

Hi,

Has anyone had problems with ZoneAlarm not shutting down when rebooting your system? I always seem to get the end now dialog box appear for ZoneAlarm, then it just hangs!

15. sosaiso

I had the end now dialog, but it shuts down completely. Could it be a conflict with another program?

16. Notok

Notok Registered Member

We are not aware of any conflicts with ZoneAlarm, and not sure why they added the message asking you to uninstall Prevx1. There's the occassional user that has the odd problem, but that goes with any software and usually ends up being a problem with something else. My personal feeling is that they probably either had to deal with some Prevx1 users that had problems with some settings with one or the other, or looked and saw some similar functionality (perhaps thinking Prevx1 contained a full firewall), and decided to pre-empively ask you to uninstall, but I really don't know. Fact is that, as you can imagine, we have lots of users that are using Prevx1 and ZoneAlarm together, and not having any problems.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2006
  17. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

LOL it's as buggy as ever.
    Click the Help icon = Crash
    Click Exceptions under Overview > Preferences = Crash

18. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

Sounds like the same old Zone Alarm song again then. I was thinking about trying it, guess I should know better.

19. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Still no problems here. Did a clean install on an Win2k and an XP Pro PC. All tabs and buttons work = no crashing.

20. sosaiso

Tried in both ZASS and ZAFree. No crashes here either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.