ZoneAlarm 5.5.094.000 products released!

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by QBgreen, Apr 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. INTOXSICKATED

INTOXSICKATED Registered Member

ok, i was just curious. i had all kinds of problems with za in the past and i used style xp as well. never thought about a compatability problem between the two before until i heard someone mention it. thnx.

2. CyberMew

CyberMew Registered Member

I think the most stable version of the 5.XX releases is the 5.5064.000. Don't dare to try the latest one because I remembered once it made my computer hang with the earliest version 5.XX. Since you guys says there's no problems with it, I shall try the upgrade now. Good luck to me ;)

Edit: Phew! I am glad nothing happened to me :D

Last edited: May 5, 2005
  3. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

I have never had any problems with any of the version 5 Zonealarm. I did however change to using Outpost now. Outpost has better rulesetting options than zonealarm. Also Outpost scores better than Zonealarm in most tests. Although it is up the user how well they like their firewall. Both are excellent firewalls. Outpost is just a bit more for advanced users and takes a bit more to customize for a better secure connection.

dja2k

4. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Oh well Outpost is gone, same damn blue screens. They haven't been able to fix that with the latest builts either. Too bad, good firewall, but still has bugs. So I went back to using Zonealarm Pro.. No problems this time around. Seems it doesn't drop the connection like it did before using shareaza.

dja2k

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.