Zone Alarm responds to customer complaints about new release

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by alalub, May 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alalub

alalub Registered Member

2. ronny

ronny Registered Member

Yes, indeed!! :mad: I am a registered user of ZA Pro. Everything on my computer worked fine! Untill ... I installed the new ZA pro 5.0, now everything is screwed up.

Programs that doesn't seem to work as usual:

TDS-3, Messenger,some onlinegames like Rise of Nations ,...& sometimes I have no internet connection anymore...

For instance: when I finally have [a program] working and then start another program (eg. TDS-3 or messenger) those programs don't respond. When I try to close down the programs with Windows Task Manager, everything freezes and I can't do anything anymore (while CPU is only 30-40%).

The windows error reporting, which i allow to access the internet, doesn't get out. When I try to shutdown ZA, it doesn't respond. When I look in the ZA icon in the taskbar, nothing seems to be going in or out. I have to manually shut down the computer to get out of this mess.

I have lost many hours with this now, and i regret very much installing this new update.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2004
  3. Hatsikidee

Hatsikidee Registered Member

Well I'm quitting Za-Pro :mad: I've used it for years and this is not the first time an update messed up my system. But it will be the last :D. I was up for a renewal in september 2004 for ZA-Pro, but no thanks.

In uninstalled it and tried Outpost since it has good reviews and it suits me very well.
    I accepted the migration offer from Agnitum to migrate to Outpost, see this link: http://www.agnitum.com/purchase/ and got a 50% discount for buying Outpost.

This year has brought some changes: trading in NAV for NOD32 and now the next 'companion for years'. Well guess you have got to say goodbye at some point ;)

Last edited: May 27, 2004
  4. Tony

Tony Registered Member

I used to subscribe to ZA pro but everytime they bring out a new version it always seems to cause a lot of problems so i no longer use the program.
    They really do need to test a lot more before releasing newer versions.

5. Hatsikidee

Hatsikidee Registered Member

Yes that is absolutely true, and, if they are -from what I've read- implementing anti-virus and more in a suite and ZA-pro is out the window, it will soon become a giant systemwide integrated resourcehog-suite like NIS and when one part of it goes belly-up, your system is going with it.

It is hard enough to uninstall ZA-Pro like it is now. :D

6. sig

sig Registered Member

ZAP does not include an AV. The ZAP with AV suite does for those who want to pay $70.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.