ZONE ALARM PRO

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by guitarelf, Nov 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guitarelf

guitarelf Registered Member

When I was checking all the settings in Program Control, I noticed that "Synaptics Touch Pads Enhancements" Trust Level was set to "SUPER". This seemed a tad too much, so I reset it to "TRUSTED". The next time I logged on, Security Advisor informed me that the synaptics touch pad was trying to behave like a keylogger, so I checked "deny".
    Subsequently, the scroll feature on the touch pad has not worked (I checked properties for this program & its internal name is "scrolleroo")
    Is Synaptics benign...does ZAPro "see" a problem that isn't?
    Next time I log on, should I check "allow"?
    Can I safely reset the Trust Level to "SUPER" for "Synaptics Touch Pad Enhancements"?
    Very Best,
    Guitarelf. :)

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

IMHO scrolleroo does not perform a suspicious or dangerous action. In the case of scrolleroo....ZAPro is seeing that item as a dangerous action. Having said that....I would have no problem selecting Super for that program since you know scrolleroo is monitoring your keyboard and mouse input.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 7, 2005
  3. guitarelf

Brilliant as ever Bubba, thanks so much for the non-tech, no-nonsense answer. I'm recommending you for a raise!
    GElf. ;) :)

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

You are very Welcome and I suggest you consider going to the Zone Labs site....in particular their Service and Support page. In the Product-Specific Support section....select the product you are using and download it's respective User Guide (PDF). IMHO they are very well laid out and a very informative.

5. guitarelf

DONE!! :D
    GElf.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.