Zone Alarm Latest Version Conflicts with Abtrusion Protector?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by doug_hastings, Jun 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doug_hastings

doug_hastings Registered Member

Howdy,

Long story short: I was using ZA version 6.1.744.001 when, after uninstalling AP, I updated windows XP pro with "Software Distribution 2.0". I reinstalled AP and everything works fine. I update ZA to 65.714.000 without uninstalling AP (per usual) and "Windows Failed to start correctly". When I finally got into Windows, there were connection problems (local network but no internet.) I uninstalled AP and reinstalled ZA 65.714.0000 over itself and everyting seemed A-okay. Next, I reinstalled AP and "Windows failed to start correctly". When I get back into Windows, AP disabled (per AP design.)

So I seem to be left with an uncomfortable choice: ZA or AP.

Any ideas about what is creating this conflict? Have I inadvertantly messed something up? Is my problem actually a conflict between ZA and AP?

I've got a post at ZoneLabs, but no response yet.

Thanks

2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

You might want to stick with the older ZA 6.1 for now. I have no personal experience with ZA 6.5, however, I have read and seen quite a few reports from other users of problems with the new 6.5 series. Perhaps it's best to hang back with 6.1 till they resolve the bugs and conflicts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.