zone alarm internet security

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by anderb, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anderb

anderb Registered Member

Hello friends I´d like to know your opinions about this software,I´m enjoying a lot very light but I´d like to know how to set up it correctly.
    And another question what antivirus engines does it use?how often does it update?
    Thanks for your help;)

2. tec505

tec505 Registered Member

Hi.
    I'm using this suite on one of my PC. Is a great fwl w/ great engine.
    IMHO it would be one of the best suite only if it would have more AV settings. But for an averege user it's a good choice.

AV Engine is Kaspersky.
    About settings: it set automatically during installation. But if you like to have more details you should give more info about your configuration, and do you mean w/ settings.

Best regards.
    Mike

3. ashishtx

ashishtx Registered Member

May i know which version are you running? IF it is version(latest) 7.X.X then the AV is Kaspersky which is known for its fast updates. It can update every 3-4 hours and If needed even faster. On subject of its setup ,i hope my fellow forum members will explain it very clearly :)

4. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

absolutly did not like this suite,

i do like the firewall, but this is where my liking of the software ends.

its a hog, both for opening up settings etc and for system boot up, when i use this, i dont feel like im using a suite, but more like 3/4 different programs all trying to work together and it feels like it doesnt.

even though the kaspersky engine has been seemlessly intregrated into the suite, and definatly does its part fantasically, the whole package feels like a botch-up job.

to me, this suite is over priced, over rated and is lacking some features that others have.

i just feel there are sooo many better ones out there, such as norton, avg and f-secure.

5. anderb

anderb Registered Member

My version is 7.0.337.000.and I´m having problems with cfosspeed,I don´t know
    how to set up zone alarm to work with it,I tried to liberate cfos on zone alarm firewall but even doing this the ping can´t go through so pops up a window from
    cfos saying the pings can´t go through so traffic shaping can´t work well,if someone knows how to solve this,I´d be glad:oops:

6. NNard

NNard Registered Member

An updated version 7.0.362.000 is now on the release history page. Try it to see if it corrects your problem.

7. anderb

anderb Registered Member

Hello friends,I got to solve zone alarm problem with cfospeed.Thanks for your help,but I´d like to know about zone alarm virus database updates,how often is the updates and how do I know if my virus signatures are updated?Thanks again;)

8. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

i also had huge slow-downs on start-up...............wonder is it fixed?

9. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

You might as well ask if your going to win $50 Billion on this weeks Lottery :cautious: because the Answer will still be the Same :cautious: "NO!"

10. fax

fax Registered Member

Well all sort of answer that did not really fully address your question...

ZASS uses the KAV 6 engine and updates every hour (1 hour).
    Set-up is easy... just install and let it go... its all automatic, ideal for inexperienced users...

You can have a look to the manual and read it when you have time to master all the settings and configuration possibilities.

Here: http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/media/pdf/zaclient70_user_manual.pdf

There are powerful privacy features that can be customised site-by-site. Sometimes its the part where users get easily lost. Have a look at this tutorial: http://zonealarm.donhoover.net/privacy.html

Also look for the other ZA related info at http://zonealarm.donhoover.net

A side note, latest version (362) have updated main kernel driver of the KAV engine (version 7 of KAV). So, some of the KAV related conflicts (drivers) may have disappeared in the current version.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Fax

11. anderb

anderb Registered Member

Thanks so much for all the tips and opinions my friends,It´s a pleasure to be part of this great forum that´s always there for us:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.