Zone Alarm Forcefield

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Siamese Dream, Mar 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siamese Dream

Siamese Dream Registered Member

I bought this product some time ago, and I got a discount for $10 because I had used Zone Alarm Firewall on a trial I believe. Like mentioned on other topics, it isn't gonna protect your whole computer but just the browser and temporary files. For me this works great because I want the immediate protection that Returnil supposedly doesn't. I tried downloading Sandboxie and anti-Keylogger to which neither seem to work in conjunction with Forcefield. I guessing that's because FF already had the protection. I could be wrong. Anyhow, I haven't experienced any problems, but things like Safe Step and Sandboxie are probably preferred if you can get them for free and also their comprehensive protection. I on the other hand am ok with FF for now since I rarely used the computer for anything other than surfing. Nothing from the surfing session is recorded, and since I don't use the other areas of the computer to record sensitive information, it isn't an issue for me. However, if installed Password Safe for housing. If it's doing what it's suppose to, the passwords are secure in a box or zone of your computer which is on the tab. After the password is used, it erases the memory. So just to say FF works to the extent as far as browsing protection.

2. Siamese Dream

Siamese Dream Registered Member

Can FF or other similar products work in conjunction with Safe Step, Sandboxie, etc?

3. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i know that defensewall and sandboxie works like a charm:thumb:

4. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Safe Step? I think you may mean SafeSpace. In any case ForceField, SafeSpace, and Sandboxie are all "sandboxes". There is no point in having more then one installed IMHO.

5. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

It's a nice protection tool, but, unfortunately, still doesn't work with IE 8 RC. It seems to work with IE 8 Beta 2, their new beta version, though.

6. manOFpeace

manOFpeace Registered Member

I had problems with Adobe Flash on my computer. After a couple of days working at trying to get it "stick" on my puter I came to the conclusion it was FF causing it to disappear.
    I disabled ForceField and all is now well with Flash on my machine.
    Did any other members have an experiance like this? o_O

7. fax

fax Registered Member

Yes, you need to install flash on a unprotected session...

Have a look at the manual:
    http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/media/pdf/ForceFieldUserGuide.pdf
    A lot of useful information and troubleshooting steps.

Fax

8. Perman

Perman Registered Member

I concur. Exit ZAFF first, then install flash, everything will be an OK.

9. manOFpeace

manOFpeace Registered Member

Thanks to fax and Perman, I will do as instructed. :)

10. Killtek

Killtek Registered Member

Don't remind me of SafeSpace... SafeSpace had uber potential until the corporate big heads decided home/power users were not worth it. They packaged the technology into one of their enterprise solutions and closed the doors on us... losers.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.