Zone Alarm Anti-Virus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Oleg, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oleg

Oleg Registered Member

How good Is Zone Alarm Anti-Virus?

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

ZoneAlarm was original a firewall company.
    So I was wondering myself how ZoneAlarm became suddenly an Anti-Virus expert as well LOL.

Well, ZoneAlarm didn't create its own Anti-Virus :
    ZoneAlarm Anti-Virus = Computer Associates Vet Antivirus
    eTrust EZ Antivirus = Computer Associates Vet Antivirus
    ZoneAlarm Anti-Virus = eTrust EZ Antivirus

Didn't you notice that all these security companies created a security suite.
    The reason for this is simple : the majority of the users is sick and tired of all these numerous separate softwares on their computer.
    The choice and combination of separate softwares is too difficult for the ignorant users. They want ONE software that takes care of everything and security suites do that.
    These users don't care about having the best, they want a simple solution.
    These suites will become very popular amongst ignorant users.
    That's why every company has a security suite to conquer the real market (the majority of users) and the prize is cheaper compared with the total prize of separate softwares.
    Knowledgeable users will keep on using separate softwares of course, because they are still better.

What computer people think is right for the users, isn't always what the users want. I have seen this so many times in my job.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.