Zone Alarm 6 Free: uninstall help, please.

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by brjoon1021, Sep 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brjoon1021

brjoon1021 Registered Member

I searched the Zone Labs site, and I ran a search here as well for instructions.
    I did not tunr up what I need. I know that people have trouble uninstalling this firewall.

I put it on my work laptop a week and a half ago. I am getting blue screens now, windows recovery from serious error messages and the boot time went up to 4 minutes on this P4 2.8 laptop. I need to thoroughly and completely uninstall this firewall.

Any guides? suggestions ?

B.

2. Texcritter

Texcritter Registered Member

3. brjoon1021

brjoon1021 Registered Member

Thanks.

I found this and am in the process of doing it now (from a different source):

"IMPORTANT - If you have a Cisco VPN client installed, you must first uninstall the VPN client, then follow the instructions below, and reinstall the Cisco VPN client again afterwards. This procedure will remove all traces of the TrueVector service, which was incorporated by Cisco into their VPN software.

If you wish to keep your settings, create a Backup from Overview - > Preferences before starting, and then Restore afterwards (available in ZoneAlarm Premium products only). Click on Start -> Programs -> Zone Labs. RIGHT-click on Uninstall Zone Labs Security, then select Properties. Under Target you will see the following line (the actual drive may be different on your system):

"C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninstexe" Change it to:

"C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean (add a space and then the /clean)

Click OK to save the new command line.
    Click on Start -> Programs -> Zone Labs -> Uninstall Zone Labs Security.Click OK to run the uninstaller, and OK any security alerts that pop up. say "Yes when being prompted for the removal of all files and allow TrueVector to shut down. Reboot. After rebooting, check for the following folders, and delete them if you find them: C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs, C:\Program Files\Zone Labs and C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs. . For Windows XP: clean your C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch folder. Clean the history in Internet Explorer or your current browser, clean the cookies. Then empty your recycle bin. ZoneAlarm should be gone. Reboot. Install the latest version if you are reinstalling.
    For clean reinstall: Turn off your Anti Virus program and all other running programs, it's strongly recommended that you exit all Windows programs before running the Setup Program of ZoneAlarm. Double click the ZoneAlarm file icon on your PC to begin the installation wizard. Select a 'clean' install when asked."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.