Zillya! Antivirus 1.1 - world wide release

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by OlegSych, Apr 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OlegSych

OlegSych Registered Member

Popular at Ukraine Zillya! Antivirus (over 500.000 users at Ukraine and Russian) now released in English for whole world.

Official WEB-site for the product in English - http://en.zillya.com
    Direct download link: ~Direct download removed~

Virus base more than 1.800.000 records, heuristics analyzer, real-time file and E-Mail protection, very simple and user-friendly interface.
    Supporting WinXP SP2 and higher, WinVista x32 and x64, Win7 x32 and x64.

Ask if you have any questions.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2010
  2. gery

gery Registered Member

looks like rpgue but i am not saying it is cause i do not know

3. OlegSych

hmm... what is "rpgue" ? may be I can answer your question

You can Google by "Zillya" and will find many many links, discussions and so on, but on Russian language. 22 of April this year Zillya! Antivirus will celebrate 1 year.
    1 Month ago was released new version (Zillya! Antivirus 1.1), and now it's released in English localization.

4. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

gery meant 'rogue' - just an observation, that's all. The standard site looks more legitimate (with news, contacts etc): http://zillya.com/index.html

The english site would have got the 'simple' treatment. Nothing wrong with that. Might have just been launched.

OlegSych, thanks for posting. Someone here will test. Is it mainly strong with european/russian malware?

5. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

It doesn't seems to be rogue... Legitimate Antivirus with Yellow Rating in BrowserDefender

6. Saraceno

Instead of someone testing against 10 threats, as we all know how well that goes down (thread locked), someone might check out how long it takes for a full scan, if there's any slow down on the system with general browsing.

New AV, if it's solid, nothing wrong with that. :thumb: I'm assuming, this a 30-day trial? Noticed cost is $20 for year.

7. OlegSych

Yes, this is trial distributive, It's full functional work, without any
    limitations per 15 days (possible 15 days is not enough?), and than you can apply license key.

I will be glad if somebody test it and tell there what do you think about detection rate and product at all.

8. progress

progress Guest

Hehe :D gery take care ;)

9. lubieplacki

lubieplacki Registered Member

Anyone from this forum using this software?

10. OlegSych

Until yesterday to use Zillya were able only to Russian or Ukrainian-speaking users. If there's a lot of these people, then perhaps someone and enjoyed.

11. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

Hello , Oleg ! You mention you have over 500.000 users . Do you have any basic certifications such as ICSA labs one or WebCoast ? Windows XP/Vista/7 official compatibility by Microsoft ?

I am asking you because I am not aware of that. This is very important to be taken seriously in this cyber world.

12. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

I installed a trial version in order to provide a very basic and cursory check.

Install went fine. I typically run with LUA/SuRun/SRP/Returnil on this partition. No issues on install/restart/operation. Flags some riskware type applications that I have laying around - this is expected, many AV's flag these files.

I don't do the "download 10 samples and report" performance type tests, but basic machine responsiveness seems unchanged in routine usage. The core process chews up a reasonable amount of RAM (~ 120 MB, two others are at 6.6 and 8.2 MB respectively), but I think this is a non-issue with any reasonably configured machine and will always trade RAM utilization for performance gains (not sure if that's what's happening here). Not sure if this is typical.

At this point, no red flags jump out.

Blue

13. gery

gery Registered Member

ROGUE
    SORRY guys . i wrote it wrongly . Anyway i do not know anything about it but it just looked like it. I might download it in the near future and see how it works:thumb: :thumb:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
  14. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Website looks like an RPG game site :D
    Currently can't test software because i do not have a VM installed :'(

15. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Thanks for the info. That is a butt load of ram!

16. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Did it need a reboot during the install? (If no reboot is needed, I'll give it a trial under Shadow Defender).

17. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

It requested one. Is it needed? Didn't really stop to consider, but I'd guess yes.

Blue

18. OlegSych

Reboot need once after the installation finish. After reboot all AV services will start automatically.

It's possible also start Zillya without reboot after installation. Press "cancel" on reboot dialog, and then start "Zillya! Antivirus" on the desctop. After starting GUI in status (left part of the window) you will see message, that AV services does't started. Press "Correct", and services will be started. That's all. Anothet way: start Services at "Service managment" and than start GUI.

But this metod OK only for experimental tests. For real work/usage/protection better way - reboot system. :rolleyes:

19. OlegSych

No, at that momnent we have no any certifications, but we plan to get them.

20. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

Well, what are ya waitin for - go for it :D

21. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

BTW which AV technology you are using in your AV...?

22. andylau

andylau Registered Member

I have installed it, it's a normal AV, not fake.:D

The detection rate is in average or below,
    the heuristic(found as suspicious) should be improved:cool: .

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  23. guest

guest Guest

true, it is not rugue
    i scanned 10.000 malware with zillya, about 8500 file dedected. i reported missed files

24. HomeSystem

HomeSystem Registered Member

10 K malwares ? That's a huge amount. And its really good to see that this AV detected 8500...Sort of Mediocre AV.

25. Saraceno

Not bad at all for a product unknown (at this stage) outside of Russia and Ukraine. OlegSych, are there new versions released each year, or they carry-on from year to year until an upgrade?

BZ, good point about responsiveness. No use having low memory if you can't copy and paste files properly. If you didn't notice any slowdown, that's a positive sign.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.