Zero Popup from Tooto trapped with CoolWebSearch

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Assiste.com, Mar 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Assiste.com

Assiste.com Registered Member

Hi to all,

First of all, sorry for my poor English.

Second, I don't find anything, using Google, about "Zero Popup" and the malware CoolWebSearch.

I've downloaded 2 times the V 7.90 of Zero Popup - tested on 29 Feb and 1st March - and found a variant of CWS in it.

On a first time, I wrote a few words to Liren, asking him if he know that and what I must think of this. His reply :

As I was not very satisfied, I wrote him this :

Liren never wrote me back so I decide to publish this article.

Pierre
    Assiste.com

2. Franck10

Franck10 Guest

Hi
    Is this correct ?
    Must we blacklist Tooto and/or SellShareware ?
    Insert domain names in all known hosts list ?
    Do not download - Do not update an old and clean version.
    It was a good product. What a shame !
    Franck

3. Assiste.com

Hi Franck
    Yes, verified simply using TotalUninstall to view changes between before and after installation.
    Also, SpyBot Search and Destroy see it.

4. Shunned

Shunned Guest

Pierre

Realizing we are not from the same country an that we do not speak the same tongue..as you say.......may I ask a question...

Your website..interesting......notice this on your website:

"Simply seize the e-mail of a friend and send. The e-mail will be subjected to you for control and customization before sending."

Of course since I don't speak your tongue I could be mis-understanding the intent of you telling someone to seize another person's e mail...so certainly I am open-minded to your reply on this.
    There are other questions..but I will forego those.....an if in fact I have mis-understood ..you have my apology...

Shun

5. Assiste.com

Hi Shanned

Good idea, thanks

About Zero Popup from Tooto and CoolWebSearch :

I am talking about it in the French community but I am surprised of the little reactions whereas this utility was regarded as one of the best but has just joined one of the worst pest, CoolWebSearch.

And, first of all, am I right finding this pest in it ?

Why nobody speaks about it on the Net whereas floods of insults are versed on CoolWebSearch ?

I've asked Tooto for the third time - still no response.

6. Assiste.com

Hi,
    Found that PestPatrol has classified it at Hijacker under the mane of HtmlEdit in Feb 04, revised on March 13, 04

7. Assiste.com

Hi,

Today, what is the status of EB23F789-F17F-4bcc-988B-6B70A3A67E9C in Zero-Popup ?
    Parasite ? Still pending ? Legetimate ?
    The name of the BHO has changed from "ViewSource Class" to "Zero Popup Pro" as in :

CWShredder do not say anything.

SpyBot classify it at CWS.Dreplace - I am not sure of that : The CLSID for CWS.Dreplace is 086AE192-23A6-48D6-96EC-715F53797E85 and the file name is DReplace.dll

CWS.Dreplace is a hijacker for PestPatrol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.