Zero Hardware Knowledge - Need some help

Discussion in 'hardware' started by PaulBB, Jul 13, 2015.

1. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

Looking to buy a relatively cheap htpc like, small case PC and I need some input. The PC will be mainly used for YouTube playback, and local video playback (1080p and never 4k) using PotPlayer or MPC-HC. Until now I found those two:

PC Acer AXC-703 MicroTower 369.6 x 100 x 266.5 mm, Intel Celeron Quad-Core J1900, 4 GB of RAM and 1TB of HDD and a integrated graphic card (Intel HD Graphics), no wifi, with Windows 8.1 already installed. All this for about 280 Euros.

acer.jpg

The second option is ASUS EeeBOX EB1037, Quad Core Intel Celeron J1900 2GHz Bay Trail, 2GB DDR3, 320GB HDD, GeForce 820M 512MB, WiFi integrated and no OS for 250 Euros.

eb1037.jpg
    Since I don't know almost nothing about hardware my question is simple: Which one should I buy? Both come with the same CPU and from what I can tell ASUS has a dedicated graphic card something that ACER does not. On the other side ACER has more Ram and a bigger HDD but no WIFI. How is the ACER quality compared to ASUS?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  2. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I would go for the Acer, the only thing that bothers me is the integrated graphic card, I'm not sure if that will be a problem when it comes to video playback. I have bought a cheap laptop (for someone else) I will see if YouTube videos play fine and will report back.

3. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

OT: I was expecting something totally different from this thread ;)

Or rather, I read it as "Zero Knowledge Hardware" :rolleyes:

... which is rather a riff on homomorphic encryption.

4. oliverjia

oliverjia Registered Member

No brainier, go for the Acer.

5. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Between those two I would pick the Acer.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.