Zemana vs Office 2007 SP2

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by elapsed, May 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Anyone else noticed this? You cannot install Office 2007 SP2 via windows update (tested on Vista) with AntiLogger enabled, disabling it allows it to install properly. No warnings, just windows update errors. Google revealed people with similar stories.

2. denniz

denniz Registered Member

Yup noticed this to.

3. virtumonde

virtumonde Registered Member

I posted in this thread(post 17).It was office 2003 via bought CD that i have tried installing but gave errors.
    In their changelog after a new release they mentioned something about registry fixxes i think,but still since they didn't reply i never bothered with the software again.

4. elapsed

I'm using the latest software and the issue is still there. Although I agree that this issue is really shacking up my confidence in the software, when stuff is blocked I *want to be informed* the fact it can block stuff with absolutely no warning doesn't comfort me one bit.

I've sent in a support request with details and a link to this thread, let's see how it pans out.

5. Victek

Victek Registered Member

I will be interested to hear their response. That said I think it's a good idea to disable something like AntiLogger during an install for exactly this reason. There are a number of security applications that have "install" modes so they won't interfere with legitimate installations.

6. elapsed

Well it's Friday and no response, so I'll wait until next week, I don't expect a weekend reply. But my confidence is further shaken by the fact it seemed to invisibly update to a minor update without notice. This is twice it's done something without notifying me/logging it in some way.

7. Victek

Victek Registered Member

AntiLogger has updated recently three or four times on my systems and it has asked for confirmation in every time. I wonder if the behavior varies depending on OS?

8. elapsed

It's possible when I updated to 996 it was actually 997, Now I'm on 998 which "fixes a bug with Microsoft installers". Still no reply from support whether this is my fix, or infact any reply at all. :cautious:

9. elapsed

Well out goes Zemana in comes Prevx. Seems like a good trade so far :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.