Zemana on x64 - not blocking ***

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by raven211, Aug 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

Yep, I ran the simulator of SpyShelter with both Default and Expert presets, nothing, nada, zing, not a single pop-up message OR just blocking for that matter.

Isn't Zemana supposed to be x64 compatible even though the code isn't native 64-bit? That's what I read, but apparently that's definitely not the case ATM.

EDIT: Found the information I needed through research. Requesting this topic to be removed. Thanks

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  2. guest

guest Guest

Yes, there are similar threads but the worse of this is that they are selling it like a finished product while is not protecting at all.

3. Scoobs72

Scoobs72 Registered Member

"not protecting at all" is simply incorrect. Malware that performs form grabbing...yes it protects from that. Screengrabbing...no. So it has some good protection against relevant banking malware but it also misses out on other important protections at present. Arguably they are not explicitly clear about this however when you download the product.

From their website:
    Q: Does Zemana AntiLogger 64-bit provide the same level of protection as the 32-bit edition?
    A: The current version of Zemana AntiLogger x64 provides basic protection compared to the x32 version; for example, it will not alert you to most leak tests, but it does cover the most dangerous keyloggers and SSL Banker Trojans (like Zeus and Torpig) with behavioral analysis. The next major version (2.0) will have full x64 support.

4. guest

guest Guest

Zemana x64 does not gives a single popups using the spyshelter test.
    Well anyway if it's protecting a 20% or a 30% of its potential... seems that they don't even know it, this should be an alpha product and should not be being sell.
    I don't care if they say this in the FAQ or whatever you can easily buy Zemana x64 and this warning do not appear in any place, even worse, you can install it and the programs makes you think that everything is working 100% every is "green" and there is no a single popup about how limited is the x64 version.
    This is just my opinion or what I would do if I were the owner xD

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2011
  5. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

It doesn't protect you anywhere near as well as with the 32bit version. I removed it.

6. Scoobs72

Scoobs72 Registered Member

Well what I would have done if I were the owner would make this version free until they give it equal protection to the 32bit. However, I'm not the owner and to a degree I can sort of see their position. The one key security feature that Spyshelter makes you pay for (anti-network spy) is the one feature Zemana 64bit has. I think they (Zemana) would argue that the bits they don't have are not worth paying for anyway (which is partly the reason Spyshelter gives them away for free).

Undeniably however, their advertising and website is misleading until you dig into the FAQ. .

7. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Zemana cant even pass its own test tools on x64. :rolleyes:

http://pc-babble.blogspot.com/2010/11/spysheler-x64-premium-vs-zemana.html

8. raven211

That's why I want this thread closed. I read myself the post that was quoted. It doesn't detect any leaktests AT ALL, and that's the point - leaktests aren't malware. I'm not saying it will protect me once a real piece of malware with logging capabilities eventually comes around, but I only see the facts that they put out themselves.

Mod, close this thread now. Thank you

9. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

If leaktests aren't malware what's the point of leaktests?

They can give you some indication of protection.

10. guest

guest Guest

Zemana developped this leaktest to show the efficiency of Antilogger, on their website they even show the should be result http://www.zemana.com/anti-keylogger.aspx. but the x64 version failed its own test. So it is right to tell it to people who own a x64 system and may buy an incomplete product.

when you buy a car you buy it without airbags and security belts?

so why ask to close a useful thread...? the facts dont please you?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2011
  11. raven211

You misunderstand... because I read what they've said themselves (please read the quoted text almost at the top of this thread), I understand that I won't get any pop-ups whatsoever from their software. I wrote in my first post that this thread should be closed cause I'm unable to do that myself.

12. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Closing as requested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.