Zemana AntiMalware 2 BETA

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Emre TINAZTEPE, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Moose World

Moose World Registered Member

Salutations,

Where is the Quarantine Folder? So, that one can delete the Mal-ware and/or restore it, the file, if it a false positive?

Moose's World

2. Emre TINAZTEPE

Emre TINAZTEPE Registered Member

Right clicking on the quarantined items will provide you with these options.

3. Moose World

And how would I do that after, I close Zemana AntiMalware Beta? So, that I go into
    and delete the quarantine item?

Moose's World

4. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Quarantine is the second icon from the left in the upper right corner of the GUI.
    Look for "radiation" sign.... ;)

5. Moose World

@siketa

Thank you! Open and deleted the file within "radiation sign"
    Not sure it this deleted the quarantine file?

Moose's World

6. FOXP2

FOXP2 Guest

Obviously I have the portable and my screenshot in #37 would confirm that. It certainly explains why I’m not seeing the context menu item or finding the service, etc. That said, portable or not, there are Zemana AntiMalware folders in my user AppData Local folder (same place as ZALSDK) which is where Quarantine, and others, is and in C:\Program Data which is empty. AND there's an Uninstall or change entry for "Zemana Antimalware version 2.1.1353 in Windows' Programs and Features control panel.

Up until this point in time I wasn’t aware there were installed and portable versions. I recall a “Please click here to get your lifetime license and the download link.” The link gave me ZAMv2.1.1.353.Setup.exe. Sorry if I brain-locked somewhere in the download or install process but considering the observations I report in the previous paragraph, I believe my subsequent confusion is justified.

ZAM did find a DVD manager, a video editor and some network utilities (which have a rep for being too, um, capable) and a couple of items in my “jokes” folder (i.e. the infamous Stress Reducers) which presented the Zemana logo and tagged as Heur.Malicious. All were successfully excluded as has been my tact with other anti-whatevers which snag those. (Like AntiLogger Pro where those alerted to have been allowed.)

Looking forward to the next release. Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2015
  7. KaptainBug

KaptainBug Registered Member

I would suggest, instead of having Microsoft for custom engine, you could have gone for Symantec or HouseCall engine.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  8. Moose World

Also, is there way to scan your USB Stick and external drive from time to time?

Moose's World

9. XIII

XIII Registered Member

Reports 3 IE11 browser hijacks (all "Internet Explorer Shortcuts"). If I clean them and scan again, the same 3 hijacks are reported...

What are "Internet Explorer Shortcuts" and where can I find them? (I'm a Firefox user)

They are to shortcuts to (a.o.) "http://openssl.org" which seems legit to me.

10. subhrobhandari

subhrobhandari Registered Member

Those were manually set by me.

11. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Just downloaded portable beta ZAMv2,1.1.353, Using Windows 7 Professional SP1 x64. Smart scan took 60 seconds and found a hijacked IE shortcut which was a valid find but a FP to me as it is support for where I purchased computer so not malicious. I set it as exclude, but on next scan was found again. Maybe because this is portable version. It does remember my "permanent license" though. EDIT - If I exclude then clean it places in exclude file. Full scan took 10 minutes 53 seconds. Two FP found HijackThis.exe and Keyfinder.exe. I reported them both as FP. I got a "failed" message on one PhotomatixPro.exe. This is a valid program for digital photo editing. On another scan it hung on AppGuardGUI.exe and I had to stop smart scan after several minutes. Ran another smart scan that took 27 seconds and did not hang, although can't exclude the hijacked IE shortcut. Curious as to where the portable file stores license key, log files on computer I don't find anything in program data or uses folders. EDIT - Found in users/appdata/local.

It would be nice to be able to delete the "report" log files from the program. You can open but not delete. Also a way to reset the program back to a default state except for the license so doesn't show computer as "infected."

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  12. 142395

142395 Guest

So don't I need to use or make Google account? It's a bit better, though still there will be some people who do not want to be related to Google in any means. Once SecureAPlus did the same MISTAKE, but they moved to their own forum. I personally hope Zemana follow this too.
    Anyway I'll try portable version.

13. Emre TINAZTEPE

Emre TINAZTEPE Registered Member

Hello Everyone,

By the help of your wonderful feedbacks, we released a new version today. Version 2.1.1.543 addresses nearly all the issues reported but we are still working hard to make it a better software.
    We are monitoring this thread very closely and our software continues to grow with every bit of feedback that we receive. Thanks again!

Please go to Settings > Check Updates, click "Update" button and enjoy the version :)

Here are the release notes:
    • Changed "Clean" button caption to "Apply Actions" (Thanks to Bekir Ucarci)
    • Added engine selection panel to settings (Thanks to Sinisa Sinkovic)
    • Double clicking on reports page opens reports (Thanks to Philip Ruben)
    • Some language improvements (Thanks to Sinisa Sinkovic)
    • Fixed Send Feedback links
    • Added an arrow right before "Cleaning Actions" to indicate it is dropdown
    • Fixed an issue with licensing
    • Fixed a BSOD related to registry parser
    • Added "Disable Tray Notifications" options
    • Other minor improvements and fixes

14. subhrobhandari

Thanks, updated to the "next greatest version :)"

Edit: Found a bug. I reported those four FPs as exclusions. Now after updating I tried to remove them from my exclusion list, but one of the startpage entries in the list just stays, even after clicking multiple times. This entry is the last one in my hyperlink.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  15. clubhouse1

clubhouse1 Registered Member

Pretty sure Zemana are getting enough subscriptions for beta testing via google groups when they're offering a free LIFETIME licence...Seems to be a promising contender in the offing.

16. subhrobhandari

Yeah, right now the group members are around 1k, and it should increase like this for a few days.

17. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Updated portable to latest version using "check update" options. That worked successfully. Ran full scan: 43371 files in 9 minutes, 9 seconds. Two false positives still there keyfinder.exe and Hijackthis.exe. I see where in this version when I reported both as safe it also added them to the exclusions. Also I like option to choose scan engines.

18. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Just ran my first scan with the latest portable version on XP Pro 32 bit...I noticed that it caused heavy CPU usage on my system.

ScreenShot_ZemanaAM_Portable_v2.1.1.543_Scanning_03.gif ScreenShot_ZemanaAM_Portable_v2.1.1.543_Scanning_04.gif

19. FOXP2

FOXP2 Guest

Well, the resident updater did .353 to .543 OK but it’s still “portable.”

I uninstalled and pulled down ZAM2.1.1.543.exe from my Google Groups account. This time paying closer attention to the install dialogs, there were (other than the usual path edit) no options, check boxes, etc. etc.

It still thinks it’s “portable” by way of no Are You Sure? warning on close, no Explorer context item, no service running and “Not applicable in Portable Version” under Scan Settings. There's still a folder in my user AppData\Local, but not in C:\Program Data this time. And a Zemana AntiMalware item in Windows' uninstaller. And a Start menu item. Within the historic and popular concept of "portable," this is far from it.

BTW: the uninstaller left behind a bunch of stuff worth ~8.5MB in that Local folder, screenshot available, which I deleted before the .543 install. I also had to delete the empty folder in C:\Program Data. After one full scan with .543, the Local folder has been repopulated with support folder, a few small files and one ntkrnlmp.pdb worth 9MB. Surely it serves a purpose but should be wiped by uninstall.

Is there some secret link somewhere to get the "installed" version?

Zemana, what say you?? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2015
  20. XIII

XIII Registered Member

No longer in v2.1.1.543.

21. osmandemi

osmandemi Registered Member

Some engines are not active. You can manually activated( You can manually activated( settings )

22. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Reports should also include if full or smart scan, number of files scanned, number of malware found.
    If malware found, the path should also be listed.

23. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

Discovered today that the license status has shown "expired".

Tried to activate the beta license again but received the following error (multiple attempts).

Attached Files:

24. KaptainBug

KaptainBug Registered Member

no problems here so far

25. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. :)

Uninstalling & reinstalling did not help.

I have managed to activate license again by uninstalling Zemana Antimalware, cleaning up regsitry entries, appdata etc.

Problem solved now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.