Zemana Antilogger Tests

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by CloneRanger, Sep 9, 2016.

1. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Yes, but one "bad" patch in Win 7, 8 or 8.1 and ZAL 1.9 will stop working properly. It may not be obvious but the protection could be lowered under the hood and cause harm. What I want to see is a new test with ZAL 2 to see if it's as effective as 1.9 against real-world malware.

2. haakon

haakon Guest

Well, that's your guesswork. Mine is that's not going to happen.

Since your reply-bang, I made several embellishments to my now vanished #25 post, I'm going to copy it in here for this "new page thread":

--------------------------------

As I mentioned in #19 (on page 1), one's licensed v1.9 will continue to provide complete protection in Windows 8.1 and down until license expiration, optional cloud services enabled or not.

As of this posting, threats.zdb and samples.zdb were updated 15 minutes ago and in the past month I've logged 5.6MB (avg 191KB/day) of traffic between my system and Zemana's server network. So, IntelliGuard Cloud support is still active.

Although the last time it had to do any work over here was on July 27:

[MD5-583B34B8D0608947101596BE0C5A2909]
    Decision=true
    Path=C:\Program Files (x86)\redacted\redacted.exe
    Description=redacted
    MD5=583B34B8D0608947101596BE0C5A2909
    Publisher=(Verified) redacted
    Activity=6
    RuleType=1
    TimeStamp=27/7/2016 3:33:26 PM
    CreatedBy=1

As to any doubts about v1.9.3.602 efficacy, refer to this report using v.19 in Windows 7:

https://www.mrg-effitas.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/MRG-Effitas-Online-Banking-Certification-Q2-2016.pdf

In a nutshell, 100% pass in all tests.

3. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Well, it's a small price to pay if you want to have a working HIPS. You only need to install it once, and quite a few apps require it nowadays.

4. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

@ boredog

Thanx for the link. I'm waiting for a number of things to transpire, can't say anymore right now ! After that i'll try & install v1.9 again. I'll be posting with more details, as & when.

@ haakon

Yes, v1.9 was/is TOPS ! Why they downgraded it SO much by removing MOST of the Anti tech in the new version, is a Big mystery. It does NOT make any sense whatsoever ?

@ Rasheed187

I already have Hips installed.

The main thing is, ZAL v1.9 was a VERY good as an Anti/Allsorts, & a limited but worthwhile Hips.

5. rm22

rm22 Registered Member

i got a license when ZAL2 was released - anyone know if i can use that license rolling back to 1.9?

6. LittleDude

LittleDude Registered Member

I'm sure I tried ZAL2 licence with 1.9 and it didn't work.

7. rm22

rm22 Registered Member

thanks - that's what i assumed

8. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

OK, I see. So you're planning to stick with ZAL v1.9. I'm just saying that SS seems to be a bit more advanced.

9. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

UPDATE

Still no response from Emre TINAZTEPE or even Anyone from Zemana after many weeks about my complaints etc ? Also since i posted about this, i notice that Emre TINAZTEPE has been Totally absent from posting in Any threads on here ? I wonder why !

After considering my options, including legal ones available to me, for Zemana advertising and promoting & selling product that is Not as described, & offered as an update to previous versions which Did what the later versions do Not, i have decided i won't persue it that way.

They can keep my money as payment for my having had at least 3 free licences through previous giveaways.

It's a pity such a Previous good product has been downgraded to less than it was, as far as Antilogging etc goes. And that not even one official person from Zemana has had the decency etc to respond, and/or PM me !

Very Dissapointed Indeed

10. rm22

rm22 Registered Member

nothing on Malwaretips either & you're not the only one to ask for details... I'm curious to see if they're in the next set of MRG tests with ZAL 2

11. guest

guest Guest

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.