Zemana antilogger giveaway at GAOTD

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by datarishik, Jul 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

well we also need to look at it in context, 3mb of RAM usage is more than 1mb but that doesnt mean its "heavy" in any way. So putting RAM usage in context, 23mb would still have absolutely no impact on ur system over a program using 2mb, perhaps if it was using 200mb THEN it would have an impact because your system might run out of RAM depending what ur doing. So going by the info provided, what i said is still true, it will make absolutely no difference on the system, unless of course ur running something like 256mb of RAM which is very unlikely. Other factors related to the program will be the things making an impact on system performance, but not its RAM usage.

2. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Hard to say what does and doesn't impact performance on such small scales. Personally I don't mind the difference between 8MB and 16MB of RAM in my own setup. But if I can save 8MB I will.

I wouldn't call a program that uses 28MB of RAM heavy. But I would call it heavier than a program that uses 1MB of RAM.

3. cm1971

cm1971 Registered Member

Maybe there was an incompatibility that was fixed in one of the recent PrivateFirewall updates. I'm running the most recent version and Zemana passed all their test.

4. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Going only with Zemana and HP. I like this setup.

5. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

I had the same problem(s) as Blues! It may just be XP machines though because it still seems like its working on a Vista laptop. It all started with the first of several Pfw updates during the course of just a few weeks. Zemana couldn't/wouldn't even pass it's own tests let alone Spyshelter's. It works initially, whether that is several hours or days as I never really paid attention, but sure as heck eventually it was useless.

6. jmorlan

jmorlan Registered Member

I picked up this giveaway and it has started to pop up a nag screen (screen attached). Is there a way to prevent this?

Attached Files:

7. abu shofwan

abu shofwan Registered Member

confirmed here :thumbd: This appears this morning. I got it from another giveaway site.Just for testing purpose.

best way to prevent is UNINSTALL ! I changed to SpyShelter.:)

This thread should be closed coz it no longer relevant to the tittle

8. MeFer

MeFer Registered Member

Don't use GAOTD setup.
    Download from Zemana's site and put serial given from GAOTD.

Working here with no nag screen.

9. cm1971

cm1971 Registered Member

I got the popup one time but after subsequent reboots it hasn't showed up again. It could have been a one time thing advertising Zemana anti-malware. I'm certainly not going to uninstall it over one popup if that ends up being the case.

10. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

I don't think GAOTD has anything to do with it. One computer here has Zemana running for some time with a license I obtained for free, installer was from Zemana's site, and it also showed the advertisement, but haven't seen it again either.

11. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

Yeah, started happening to me as well :thumbd: :mad:

12. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.