Zemana AntiLogger accessing DNS ?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by CloneRanger, Mar 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

2. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

apply denny and and see what happen;)

3. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG Registered Member

I bought a license for this Zemana AntiLogger and stopped using it .

4. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

GREAT info :thumb: :rolleyes:...

5. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

very simple and honest explanation man:D it gives trouble bye bye:)

6. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

same here zemana gave me trouble and just uninstall it:D

7. CloneRanger

Still no ideas ?

@firzen771 :D

@SIR****TMG

Why ?

@jmonge

Tried that before, havn't noticed any problems, but then i don't have a keylogger installed to notice :D

8. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

ah i see:)

9. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

firzen771 LULZ. :D

The explanations in this thread are almost as brief as someone's first name. Nothing's being answered, nothing's being explained. lol

10. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

ye i dont really understand why people put such plain replies that go nowhere and have no explanation. it doesnt make sense and adds nothing.

11. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

12. CloneRanger

13. CloneRanger

The problem i'm having is that automatic updates is turned off, and i still get those outbound attempts ? So i don't understand why that is ?

As you can see from my screenshot Zemana is trying to access IP 0.0.0.0 That's not your internet IP but my computer. How can Zemana update via IP 0.0.0.0 ?

Heard back from Zemana support.

GetComputerName Function

Retrieves the NetBIOS name of the local computer. This name is established at system startup, when the system reads it from the registry.

GetComputerName retrieves only the NetBIOS name of the local computer. To retrieve the DNS host name, DNS domain name, or the fully qualified DNS name, call the GetComputerNameEx function.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms724295(VS.85).aspx

I've disabled NetBIOS, so maybe it's trying to get the name of my local computer. As it's disabled i don't suppose it can ? whether it makes any difference, i don't know ? But Antilogger still works if i test it, and it also intercepts other critical events, such as these

ht1.gif

ht2.gif

Many of people might not realise that ZAL does a lot more than they may think :thumb:

. etc etc http://www.zemana.com/antiloggeroverview.aspx

14. Steven Avery

Steven Avery Registered Member

Hi Folks,

I expected simply anti-keylogger and found it has a nice niche as a complementary security app on my XP Pro system. I especially like the well-formatted log file, something about which a dozen other apps could take note, where you can see at a glance, in readable format, what Zemana thought the program was trying to do. (Except it should have a maximize mode to full-screen, it is trapped in small-land with scroll-bar.)

Being more concerned with things like memory injection, code modification, clipboard logging etc. e.g. It told me that AnVir Task Manager did a "system-wide hook" with "dll injector" and gives the MD5 hash of the file. And the log line copies to the clipboard and the presentation as a whole column-sorts.

While ultimately a lot of times it comes down to whether you trust the company, you are getting a pretty clear picture of the activity, more so than I usually get from Online Armor, Avira, WinPatrol etc.

Are there other products that are similarly informative ? Dunno, but I find this quite neat.

Shalom,
    Steven Avery

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.