Zemana AntiLogger 2.0 alpha beta soon :)

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by osmandemi, Jul 25, 2016.

1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I am with you, both should be combined to create a suite, it only makes sense. I can assure you of one thing, it will sell. Zemana is quickly gaining attention worldwide and the time has come to create a product to stand on its on 2 feet.

2. daman1

daman1 Registered Member

If nothing else have an option to disable it.

3. guest

guest Guest

I think they will keep the 3 products

4. Oldest forum friend, in stead of complaining about integrated solutions, drop XP, challenge your methusalem aged brains of yours and move over to linux, see my successful try on Xubuntu, besides Firejail I even managed to get AppArmor working.

5. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Very interesting to finally see a new version coming up, hopefully the GUI will be a lot better than the current one. That will be the only way to be able to compete with SpyShelter. And I agree, if the two are combined, their should be an option to turn the ZAM module off.

6. anth2943

anth2943 Registered Member

https://www.zemana.com/WhatsNew/?ProductID=1
    https://zemana.com/Download/AntiLogger/Setup/Zemana.AntiLogger.Setup.exe

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  7. haakon

haakon Guest

Well, I suppose we'll have to post up about the official release under this dumb "alpha beta soon" subject with its equally dopey "8 year old" discussion. Anyhow...

It's ZAM in a different wrapper for the lack of a better description. Still pounds the crap out of OpenDNS; a new hit every second or two even when the system is idle. Even if RealTime/Pandora is disabled. Also note all the nice HTTP connectivity.

No thank you. Un-installed.

I'll stay with v1.9 for as long as my Windows 7 systems remain healthy or economically repairable, or 2020. That's if I can still buy license renewals for it; I'll have to check with support. If not, Zemana AntiLogger will have to go bye-bye (after seven years) when my annual licenses expire.

Screen Shot FYIs: The ID Theft Protection is one setting, checked/unchecked; Advanced is same as ZAM - no screen shots needed. Pandora Tech default is Quarantine. Connectivity data is Nirsoft CurrPorts.

ZAL2isZAM.jpg

ZAL2isZAMa.jpg

ZAL2opendns.jpg

ZAM2-unsecured.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2016
  8. NWOAbschaum

NWOAbschaum Registered Member

There is a error when i try to activate the lifetime license."Während der Aktivierung der License ist ein Fehler aufgetreten"

nvm works now. but needed to uninstall. i am unable to write in opera when installed it. win10 64bit.

9. daman1

daman1 Registered Member

Wish we could get some answers here about what's going on

10. Azure Phoenix

Azure Phoenix Registered Member

They are offering a free lifetime license. Even if you aren't going use it, it wouldn't harm getting it.

11. guest

guest Guest

What is the problem with all these connections? Why they need them?

12. IvoShoen

IvoShoen Registered Member

I noticed that it stops Zemana Antimalware from running and takes it's place. Both seem to catch the same test stuff equally well.

13. haakon

haakon Guest

I actually addressed that earlier this year or last in the ZAM thread. As explained: The HTTP ones are for signature and product updates, of course, and other telemetry. The DNS is for ZAM to confirm to itself it is indeed connected. I sniffed the packets and found the behavior to be unacceptable by my standards.

I argued to deaf ears I would have no problem if all this was to Zemana domain servers via HTTPS. That makes too much sense.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2016
  14. haakon

haakon Guest

Thanks. I was wondering about that. Interesting it gets stopped and not un-installed.

Now to wonder why they have two apps. One with ID Theft protection, the other... not.

15. IvoShoen

It is just stopped with it's desktop icon removed, not uninstalled. If I try to run the exe file for antimalware it says that antimalware is already running, and asks if I want to run it again. If I choose to run it again the antilogger starts up, not zemana antimalware. Both programs are zam.exe

For now I think I'll stick with antilogger because it does everything antimalware does and has ID Theft protection and scrambles keystrokes, both of which antimalware does not have.

16. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Registered Member

Is Zemana Antilogger 2.0 compatible with Windows 10 x64?

17. IvoShoen

Yes, and it works correctly unlike their previous version.

18. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

What are these problems? I haven't noticed any.

19. IvoShoen

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  20. daman1

daman1 Registered Member

How do we get one? I have one for ZAM

21. guest

guest Guest

But you are talking about the old and free version that haven't been updated in more than a year an a half

BTW I think they should change the name to the product, it doesn't make sense to call it now Antilogger if it has an AV component

22. guest

guest Guest

23. paulderdash

paulderdash Registered Member

24. LagerX

LagerX Registered Member

This beta fails Zemana's own Anti Keylogger test. I wonder if it is supposed to include anti-keylogger at all :)

EDIT:
    My bad. Works after restart :)
    https://www.zemana.com/AntiLogger

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  25. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

LOL, I remember you already reported this "phoning home" problem. But if I understand correctly ZAL doesn't rely anymore on a users own decision? That's a bummer, because I like to be in full control. So I'm not sure what to think.

Does it still give alerts about non-trusted apps that are wanting to record the screen or keyboard? Hopefully, EMRE or Ida can give a bit more info about the technical changes. I wonder if they still work for Zemana, haven't seen them on this forum for a longtime.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.