Zemana AntiLogger 1.9.2.938 released

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by BoerenkoolMetWorst, Jan 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Zemana AntiLogger 1.9.2.938
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 11:08 AM

All modules improved (Thanks to Ozan UÇAR www.cehturkiye.com)
    Fixed a bug that caused the SSL-protection module to generate false positives
    Fixed a bug related to rule creation
    Fixed a crash related to oveclocked cpu
    Fix for certain scenarios where updates failed to complete.
    Fixed a bug that occurred while blocking a NT service
    Added webcam protection for Windows 64bit platforms
    Improved SSL protection for Windows 64bit platforms
    The Anti-SSL logic has been entirely rewritten.
    Italian language file updated (Thanks to Claudio Gambini)
    Various dialogs improved to make them more clear.
    Improved handling of ntfs hard-links

NOTE: This new version contains significant changes in response to the recent outbreak of Zeus SSL sniffing module.
    NOTE: Updating to this version requires a restart
    NOTE: This version isn't shared via automatic updates yet. It is scheduled for the next week but you can get it manually from here

2. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

I finally got around to reinstalling Zemana. As a long time license holder I was pretty disappointed that all of the 1.9.xx builds had caused some sort of system instability. This now seems to finally have been solved.

Although I'm still in the early stages of testing to see if the product is still effective, so far I am happily surprised that it is doing quite well against a range of new ransomware- these being of a type that Zemana yielded mixed results in the past. Autorun detection also seems to have been tweaked (so far) to perfection.

Bravo.

3. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

4. cruelsister

Pretty much finished any testing that I will do on Zemana with the following observations:

1). As a primary anti-keylogger Zemana provides protection against the known and unknown (unreleased KL's coded by staff) keyloggers that I have in our KL zoo. Whether or not such protection is actually needed has to be decided by the individual user, considering other protection that may exist.

Remember that for a keylogger to be effective it must consist of two components- the keylogging module as well as a transmission module. A KL can log to its hearts content but will be rendered totally innocuous by an outbound firewall that blocks the transmission of information to the net.

2). In the post above I noted that Zemana is very sensitive to malware that want to autostart. This certainly remains true. The downside is that although just the prevention of letting the malware autostart will stop some malware in its tracks, for others malicious activity will continue until system restart.

3). Overall detection is quite good, with Zemana letting ~15% through. As Zemana should not be (and isn't meant to be) one's only malware defense, an 85% rate is impressive.

So would one need Zemana if it will be run alongside an AM suite with HIPS and Sandboxing? Probably not. But if you are running a product that depends solely on definitions, Zemana would be very useful indeed.

5. trjam

trjam Registered Member

congrats to Zemana. They have continued to make their product even better and their hard work is showing now. A very good product.:thumb:

6. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

brother :) amen to that:thumb:

7. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Nice, did you test on x64 or x86?

8. acuariano

acuariano Registered Member

cruelsister would you test spyshelter and give us your observations..

9. cruelsister

For maximum fairness I ran my tests in a x86 box.

For reasons that have nothing to do with the program itself, I am strongly biased in favor of Spyshelter. Not sure if I would be able to detach enough in order to evaluate it fairly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.