Zemana Anti-Malware vs Hitman Pro

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Tyrizian, Apr 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

Does anyone here own Zemana Anti-Malware (Which is based off Hitman Pro). If so, I have the following questions to ask.

1. If I buy Zemana Anti-Malware, is it just for 1-year, or is it a lifetime license?

2. Can I update Zemana Anti-Malware as many times as I want, or is it free upgrades for a year?

I asked these questions to the makers of the software, and I haven't gotten a response back, So I figured I would ask here...In hopes that someone who has purchased the software themselves knows the answers

Your input will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

2. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

--http://zemana.com/SFaq.aspx#3

3. Tyrizian

Thanks for the link, but as far as I can tell...that is for Zemana Anti-Keylogger, not Zemana Anti-Malware. Not unless this applies to their Anti-Malware product as well.

4. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Zemana Anti-Malware is just a rebranded version of Hitman Pro, so probably the license system is the same as well. That means everything(scanning, updating, right-click scan, scheduled scans, tracking cookie removal) is fully working without a license, except for removal of malware. If HMP finds malware you can activate the 30 day trial to remove it, after the trial expires you can still use it to scan, but if you need to remove something you need to buy a license. I don't have much experience with Zemana's version, but when I used it, it was a few program updates behind Hitman Pro, and since HMP is frequently updated to detect and remove new kinds of rootkits or other nasties I would recommend to go for HMP itself to have the most up to date technology.

5. Tyrizian

Thanks you very much for your response. If they are generally the same product as for it's price, then why should anyone buy Zamana Anti-Malware over Hitman Pro? It just doesn't make sense to go with someone else, since it is essentially the same product as far as the $19.99 price goes. The only thing that looks different from Zemana, is that Hitman Pro Offers more price options. Hmmmm, I might have to consider Hitman Pro then.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  6. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

why go for the rebranded one?....go for the original.....get HitmanPro from surfright......

7. Tyrizian

Yeah, I decided to go with Hitman Pro....Got it today. Well, the free scan for now.

8. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

great:thumb:.....you can consider buying the license after you activate the 30 day free removal license and it expires......until then just enjoy the awesome second opinion scanner......

9. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

You're right, wrong page. Going with HitmanPro3 is par for the course if it's not clear that Zemana follows updates as fast as HMP and there's no financial advantage.
    Surfright is very responsive here on WSF and Zemana seems to pay little attention, they proudly advertise on TDL3 removal.

10. Tyrizian

Do you have the paid version of HitmanPro?

11. Tyrizian

Yeah, I'm not even going to bother with Zemana Anti-Malware, it doesn't seem worth the cost, especially if something out there is better.

12. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

yeap......1 year license.....

13. Tyrizian

Has it picked up any nasties yet?

14. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

it had ....when it was free...hence the paid license.....

15. Tyrizian

Hmmmm, So many good softwares to get HaHaHa

16. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

yeah....but don't get so many software.....otherwise you'll fry bacon on your system......unless you like stacking up software like me :D

17. Tyrizian

I test a lot of software, but I have only 41 applications installed on my system. I like testing, but I like installing what I think is good and if I'll use it or not.

18. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

great :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.