Zass 7xxx DNS winxp

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by jack90125, Dec 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jack90125

jack90125 Registered Member

for some reason I am getting thousands of pings from my dns servers,never had this issue before it just all of a sudden started.they are all blocked but it is just alot of logs and bandwith.any way to get rid of it?
    otherwise everything functions as it should and no issues on the web or surfing.
    thanks

2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I wouldn't worry about it.. probably doesn't eat up any bandwidth at all, it would take literally tons of pings to affect your bandwidth... it just gives you that impression seeing all the crap in the logs... If it persists, you might ask your ISP what's going on...

3. QBgreen

QBgreen Registered Member

Try entering the addresses of your ISP's DNS servers as well as the address of your router's DNS server (if you're using one) as trusted in the 'Zones' section of the firewall tab. If you know your ISP's DHCP server address, add that also. Will definitely kill the pings. I'm running ZAAS now with no adverse effects as to security.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.