ZAPRO take ages to load

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by sir_carew, Dec 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

Hello,
    I'm having problems with ZAPRO 4.5.
    When I start Windows and put my password in my account, in many time more, the ZA icon will appear (2 min).
    I disable several windows services, and I've in the startup my digital camera driver, NOD32 and nothing more.
    Can anyone help me?, I believe that the zlclient.exe is the problem (GUI) and not the service itself.

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi sir_carew,

A couple questions... First, has it always been like this or did it just start happening recently that ZAP was being delayed at startup?

Have you checked to see what else is happening on your system at the same time? What I mean by this second question is this:

As soon as you get to the desktop after starting your PC, can you bring up the task manager (ctrl alt del) and look at what your system is doing? The task manager can show the percentage of CPU time being used by all running programs. It'd be helpful to know if your system is running many other programs, with large percentages of CPU time during this startup cycle... We might be able to determine if it is resource related or not (ie. too many programs run at startup).

Also, it could be a conflict of some sort and not just CPU related. It could be some process is locking up, and this is delaying other program at startup. You might need to literally step through all items that are automatically started at boottime to find the conflict if there is one. Perhaps posting a HijackThis log would help.

In any case, we need the above questions answered first.

3. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

Hello,
    All the time ZA take ages to load, but when I enable the incoming mail protection, the slowdown has increased many, for this reason I decided to disable this feature and ZA still load very slow.
    I restarted my PC and I hit cntrl+alt+del and I look all the process.
    The most process are of the same Win XP. The extrange is that zlclient.exe appear very quickly in process, but the icon appear too late in the taskbar.
    nod32kui.exe take 40 of the CPU usage but only for 2 seconds, the other aplicattions don't take more than 4-8 of the CPU usage.
    Thanks.

4. Randy_Bell

Randy_Bell Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.