ZAP Dump Files

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by QBgreen, May 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QBgreen

QBgreen Registered Member

While configuring a buddy's machine, I've noticed several files in the Internet Logs directory (some were archived in 'zip' format) all with the heading "vsmon_on_demand", followed by a date and ending with full dump. This is ZAP 6.1.744.001. I've run recent versions of this program myself, and have never seen these dump files before. Anyone know what gives with these? Why would they be showing up under normal usage? o_O

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

One reason I have seen has to do with Spybot's resident TeaTimer and in particular on any machine where the Spybot user has applied the temporary solution to fix the pop-ups in TeaTimer which then changes the MD5 of TeaTimer.exe causing ZAP to go bonkers :blink:

Resident TeaTimer & Zone Alarm Conflict
    Also being discussed @ the Zone Labs Forum:

vsmon on demand DMP File after 744 upgrade

3. QBgreen

QBgreen Registered Member

TeaTimer was indeed installed. Uninstalled it, and the dump files were still being added. I also noticed that SpywareBlaster was installed, and figured that maybe the blocking methodology it used could also cause those *&(&*^ dump files to be released. Guess what, upon uninstalling it, no more dump files! :D I did suggest that my friend run a quality anti-spyware app routinely. I take these little dumb-ass problems personally!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.