ZAM-Premium: Which free Antivirus to combine with?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Hiltihome, Apr 5, 2016.

1. haakon

haakon Guest

I once took a class, Right Click 101. It was given by a highly skilled youth and he gave me a 2.0. :D I failed to grasp the concept of The Other Left Click.

I've been retired for a few years and as an "elderly" I actually prefer to be dissociated from Tyrizian's average user.

The vast majority of the people in the IT/tech teams I worked with in the last ~10 years couldn't bang out a coherent email or IM to save their lives. (That actually worked out in my favor at times: "If that's what was meant, there should be a comma there." "Huh? Whut?")

Or express, um, even short, um, thoughts, um, without severe, ah, speech disfluency if they, um, ah, could get to, um, the point at all. This rapidly propagating disorder is an adverse side-effect of pervasive visually centric communication.

Given all that, I can't begin to imagine what it must be like to deal with Tyrizian's average users. Not being youthful highly skilled Wilders members...

BTW, those who are now elderly happen to be the folks who invented the Internet (Yes, I know it's the internet now.) and who like to rebuild carburetors.

• Anyhow, throw in my vote for Windows Security Essentials or Defender as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2016
  2. Hiltihome

Hiltihome Registered Member

No, I didn't.
    I have two lifetime licences, that I do not use anymore,
    because MBAM slows down my surfing and often gives false positives, on sites I want to visit.

I don't want to drop ZAM!
    I was looking for a free AV, to combine with ZAM. Pls read the first, and the following posts.
    I was not looking for a personal solution, but a solution for my elderly and non tecy customers.

Last, but not least:
    ZAM may be inspired, or more, by HMP..., but that's how the game is.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  3. IvoShoen

IvoShoen Registered Member

I had a few issues with Avast Free and ZAM, but no problems at all with Panda Free and ZAM.

4. Hiltihome

Hiltihome Registered Member

Decision has already be done.
    Bitdefender-free on WIN7/8.1, and Windows Defender+PUP.reg on WIN10, to go with ZAM.

Avast-free was never an option, because of it's many modules, that most likely will cause issues with any other AV, at least on the long run.
    Panda-free is another cloud-AV, that does not combine well with other cloud-scanners, like ZAM.
    Panda is also terrible slow, if you have a very asymmetric line, like most users in Germany...

5. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

how about ZAM and secureaplus. Seems solid protection.

6. daman1

daman1 Registered Member

PF and ZAM working just fine here on a W7 PC, I see no issues.

7. hamo

hamo Registered Member

ZAM can be combine with any security product, free or paid.

I use it now with KIS 2016, but in fact I did not need it Real time ( - Ram consumption ) .

I scan my PC from time to time every 2 or 3 days by zemana, it is cool for me.

8. Disabling the URL blocker changes the colour of the icon, which is disturbing.
    Allow the browser process for the URL blocker, this will speed up browsing.
    Chrome's Safe browsing or Window's Smartscreen will do.

What do you mean with very asymmetric? the ratio between up and download speed or network characteristics (e.g. distance to last hub or local interference). When it is the latter, have you tried fiddling with "Keep alive", "Beacon period","DTIM interval" and "Short GI"?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2016
  9. ViVek

ViVek Registered Member

Panda free is slim, quiet and easy to use

10. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Switching from ZAM to MBAM (on my computers, at least) would equate to switching from a BMW to a Yugo. MBAM in its present iteration is a slogging PITB.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
  11. Dear, bellgamin, when you would have driven both, you should know the Yugo is more exiting.

12. ArchiveX

ArchiveX Registered Member

:D :argh:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.