ZAISS 2009 Review

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by jrmhng, Sep 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrmhng

jrmhng Registered Member

ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite Review

Another 'feature comparison' review typical of technical journalists who don't understand security. Ok read if you want to get a feel for the 2009 ZA products from a user/consumer perspective. Mostly accurate except I'd just make a few comments on some parts of the review I feel are not relevant.

It is a security suite, don't worry about using ZA content filtering. You should get standalone filtering software or use opendns which will be more robust.

Again if you are choosing security software, don't be too inclined to be swayed by backup and wiping tools. Why is there an expectation that security suites to include all these non-core features? Alternatives for backup include Acronis True Image, Image for Windows, Shadow Protect. Alternates for wiping tools include Eraser and Sdelete. Axcrypt also has a built in wipe tool.

I'm being anal here but ZA is based on an older SDK so it's detection is probably a little different. Check the latest Av-Test.org tests for the results. Also forget about cnet's internal tests. In previous articles where they describe how they do it, you can tell they have no idea how to test security products.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.