ZAF, ZAP, ZAA, and ZASS 6.0.617.000 beta available

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Fubie, Jun 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fubie

Fubie Registered Member

Zone Labs has released a new beta version of Zone Alarm (all flavors). Here is a list of known issues and fixes with this release. Provide feedback for the beta here.

Known Issues

* Important: Please make sure to uninstall 6.0.591.002 or any prior beta build before you install this new build.
    * Cannot restore a file backuped by the same version of zone alarm (#32510)
    * After updating the virus signatures, ZA does not updates the time stamp until machine is rebooted (#32516)
    * Treatment "errors" for virus renamed using special char on Manual scan (#32391)
    * Some Betas appears as if they were a trial version in the UI (#3339:cool:
    * Antivirus Quarantine fails on win98/winME (#33410)
    * Protected Wireless network are put into the internet zone silently if network is enabled after ZA has started (#33414)
    * ZL Client UI may crash sometimes (#3336:cool:
    * Program List slow to re-draw (#33234)
    * Screen goes blank when logging off a fast switch account in Win XP (#32669)
    * Strange entry of “system” inside Program List (#33394)

Fixed Issues

* Install 6.0.583 causes BSOD reboot loop (on 64-bit machine) (#32612)
    * Strange objects in program list (#29196)
    * Anti-spyware manual updates fail when automatic updates diabled (#32482)
    * AV updates are sometimes blocked by the firewall (#32400)
    * Manually added applications are assigned with "not yet configured" in "Smart Defense" (#32033)
    * Schedule scan still run even AS/AV is Off (#32267)
    * "invalid date" displayed in Program Entry detail (#31023)
    * Component tab list contains programs with extensions like .exe, .drv (#3193:cool:
    * First contextual AV scan after install will also scan for spyware (#32720)
    * Actions of Adobe Acrobat, user are being misdiagnosed as Dangerous behavior (#3324:cool:
    * Language bar does not get loaded onto taskbar if ZA is running (#3312:cool:
    * Several minor documentation bugs (#33071)
    * AntiSpyware picks up WinPatrol uninstaller as spyware (#33010)
    * BSOD with Beta 1 running on Windows Server 2003 SP1 (#32927)
    * VSMON crash on attempting to suspend Dell laptop (#32841)
    * True Vector crashes during file upload/download (#32413)
    * Error message is mis-titled (#32410)
    * False positive AntiSpyware scan shows Win32.HLLO.SysClock.80896 (32059)
    * AntiSpam does not populate the white list at startup (#31903)
    * Disabling anti-spyware updates from UI doesn't work (#31839)
    * VSMon hangs during Win98SE system shutdown (#32249)
    * Both users will be sending an alert one another constantly (IM) (#26937)
    * cmd.exe not in program panel after clean install and start of cmd.exe (#32771)
    * quarantine\delete failed for all spywares after update (#32807)
    * vsmon memory leak when running beyond tv (#26212)
    * System froze after leaving build running on laptop for ~30 minutes (#32523)
    * Pop-up "recommend you scan ... for viruses and\or spyware" is not valid for ZA Pro (#32407)
    * Various other bug fixes

Last edited: Jun 26, 2005
  2. Alec

Alec Registered Member

Ok. I decided to give the ZAP Beta a go. I have lots of questions, though. How come only certain files are listed as "System" under SmartDefense? Specifically, "csrss.exe" should definitely be listed as System, I would think. Occassionally when using the Command window, I will get ZAP alerts notifying me that csrss is sending messages to cmd.exe, but I definitely think that csrss subsystem is supposed to be doing that and I am not quite familiar enough with this Beta to know how to tell ZAP to always allow it. I guess I better go RTFM. ;)

The "tvDebug.log" updating still seems to take place, but apparently it seems slowed down, with filesystem updates something like once a minute rather than once every 10 seconds as before. I still wish they would make it optional, or if it already is... make it clear how to disable it. I don't really want extra diagnostic logging.

3. Fubie

Fubie Registered Member

I also see that they fixed (for real this time) the anti-spy scan even though it has been turned off. Whew. Hmmm, Alec, I'm noticing some pretty incremental lag when I'm playing BF1942. I does seem to come at 10 second intervals. I wonder the log update could be causing ito_O Thanks.

4. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Have they made a way to disable all the extra protection in ZA Pro (program firewall) since most of us already have DC PG and Regdefend for that installed.

dja2k

5. funkymonkeyboy

funkymonkeyboy Registered Member

I get the same lag you are talking about but with Americas army. I also got a system crash too playing AA. Defo a problem with ZAP beta.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.