ZA updates & DUN users

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by marti, Sep 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marti

marti Registered Member

I have read reports that folks that upgraded to the newest version of ZA (Free, Plus, and Pro) and also have a DUN connection are having a problem. The problem is that ZA tries to call home, even after the registration is completed and the "check for auto updates" option is disabled.

All three Zone Alarm products have been updated recently, and all three have the same version number: 3.1.395.

Zone Labs knows about the problem, but I don't have any words back on what's causing it, nor any solutions. The only thing I can tell you is to submit a report to Zone Labs Tech Support. Documented reports to ZL Tech Support will help them solve the problem. Complaints in forums and news groups is not the way to communicate with Zone Labs tech support.

In other words, if you have the ZA upgrade problem and are a DUN user, please report it directly to Zone Labs. If you have other issues with Zone Alarm products, please start another thread.

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Just an FYI to ZA users -

I spent several hours today testing with ZA+ and ZAP versions 3.1.395 on my home computers, which were set up to use only dialup, and I was unable to reproduce the "phone home" condition. So, it would appear this problem does not occur for everyone.

I gave Marti my input so she could report it on to ZL in the hope that the more data points they get, for those with and without the problem, the sooner they can resolve it.

Any one else who can contribute their experience with this new version to Zone Labs Tech Support, as Marti says, if you are having the problem, could end up helping them narrow in on the problem.

3. me

me Registered Member

marti,

Per your request, I submitted a problem report to ZoneLabs Technical Support.

Regards

4. Witchy

Witchy Registered Member

Marti,
    I will be more than happy to file a report to ZoneLabs, since I am having this problem and it annoys me very much, but how do I do it? I have the free version of ZA.
    Witchy.

5. marti

marti Registered Member

Witchy,

Zone Labs is aware of the problem and (we hope) working on a solution. At this point, I doubt that they need any more reports.

marti

6. Witchy

Witchy Registered Member

O.K., thanks. I'm waiting anxiously for the new version. Would it be better in using system resources as well? My resources go down from 83% to 71% after starting ZA. I tried finding a topic on that on this forum but could not find it. Witchy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.