ZA Pro & O&O clevercache Pro

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by ciko, Sep 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ciko

ciko Guest

Hi folks,

here's a last instance where can hopefully someone help me ...

After success with O&O CleverCache v4 on winXP Pro I have upgraded to v6.0.2214 recently and so far it works like a charm. But since then I have been observing a strange behaviour of ZoneAlarm Pro 6.0.667.000. ZA's program control identified two files of CC. The first is CC's agent and the second is CC's GUI that is working only when GUI is active (icon in tray). Agent is a service that starts with windows and runs always unless it's stopped in GUI. Problem in ZA begins once the GUI is active because it immediately connects to CC's agent for information and does it all the time, it means that the ZA is permanently in traffic (ZA tray icon constantly blinks green) because of the GUI is listening to the agent. That causes the ZA becomes overloaded when other applications run together. I played with settings of those two files (access to trusted, internet, block etc.) but no luck yet.

Maybe can someone create a rule or advise other clue in ZA Pro. BTW, the latest release of ZA Pro liked much the v4 of CC (no permanent traffic).

Any help is welcome.

Thanks and regards,
    ciko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.