ZA Pro 4.5

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by sir_carew, Dec 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

Hi,
    I'm using ZA Pro with web filtering version 4.5. Months ago I used ZA Pro with web... 4.0 and Sygate Pro 5.5 and both, sygate 5.5 and za pro 4.0 in the start-up load very quickly, however the new version of ZA Pro 4.5 takes age to load. It use many resource, and in the download.com, the most are bad comments about this new version. I'm think return to my Sygate 5.5, however it not block pop-up, and web bugs :mad:, Is Zone Labs making a new version that use low resources?
    Thanks.

2. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

ZA 4.5 is the new version. I tried it and got rid of it for the very reasons you mentioned. I'd suggest you go back to Sygate Pro and then go to

http://www.webattack.com

When you get there go to freeware and click on pop up blockers, in the left column. Scroll down to Pop This! (if you're using Internet Explorer). It's a small download and it sits in IE tools, so you never see it. I haven't had a popup since installing it. This doesn't do anything for web bugs though. Outpost Pro blocks Java and VB script, applets, and popups.

There is a program somewhere on the net that will warn and kill web bugs, but I can't recall its name. I used it for a while until my old computer died, and I liked it.

3. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

The CPU usage with this version is high on my computer. I get spikes to 27. Surfing is also slower. I'm thinking of changing, too.

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

This new version of Zone Alarm (4.5) certainly seems to be having some problems. So, I've decided to remain on the last ZAP 4.0 release (4.0.146.029) until the next update comes out. Some versions come out good, clean and stable like v4.0 did, but sometimes a version comes out with issues like 4.5 has.

I will say that I fully expect Zone Labs to fix the problems that have been encountered. I mean it'd be pretty stupid for them to just leave a product out there that is causing people problems. It is a business and they want to sell product so I'm sure an update will come to address the issues.

5. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

Hi,
    I'm now using Sygate Personal Firewall PRO 5.5, and now my system is quickly!, bye bye Za Pro 4.5.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.