ZA Internet Lock

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Beavenburt, Jan 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beavenburt

Beavenburt Registered Member

Just a quick simple question. Does anyone happen to know which is the latest version of ZA Free to have the automatic internet lock (passlock) as a feature? I know 5.5.094 had it and 6.5 and later hasn't. Does any of the early versions of 6 have it? Much obliged.

2. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

3. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

I seem to recall there was a change of layout, originally the passlock feature was found in the Program Control/Program tab, but now you must right click a prog in that tab and select 'Options' to enable the feature.

My screenshot is for ZAP but perhaps someone with the free version could check and see whether it is available there too.

Attached Files:

4. Beavenburt

I've tried the free version 7 and although it has an option to enable automatic lock there is no passlock tab in the program list to allow individual programs to bypass the lock.

5. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

No there isn't a passlock tab in the program list anymore. You must right click a prog and select 'Options' - have you tried that?

6. Beavenburt

Yeah i've looked, there's no option there. I think i'll go for 6.1.744. That appears to be the latest free version with passlock. The passlock option is something I really like. I have a PC connected directly into a router and also a laptop through the router wirelessly. The passlock enables me to cut off the traffic to the PC while i'm not working on it while the missus can merrily carry on playing on facebook with the laptop. :D Also, if i'm p2p'ing I can allow my torrent client to run while blocking all other network access.
    I'm currently running the fantastic Sygate which has the same feature but for some reason I just prefer ZA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.