ZA GDI Objects number & .xml file size

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by stalker, Feb 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stalker

stalker Registered Member

Hello again ...

I have some new "discoveries" about Zone Alarm.

One thing is, that I noticed, when you make/modify/delete rules, the size of .xml file in which you save current configuration is continuously increasing ...

Even, if I have set for example 30 Program Expert Rules, and in Privacy rules for 30 sites, 30 Blocked Zones, and then, when I wanted to "clear" a bit, and deleted all sites, all zones and most of Expert Rules, and save this configuration, the file size anyway increased for its 10 KB ...

The second thing is that if just running Zone Alarm (GUI - zlclient.exe) this process is normally on 300-400 GDI Objects (Windows XP), but if I also modify Expert, Zone, port, etc. Rules, and modify A LOT in current Zone Alarm "session", they increases almost to 1500 sometimes (in extreme conditions - really a lot of changing settings) ...

My question is - if I am connected o internet, and for some reasons, I don't want to disconnect soon, is it safe to restart zlclient.exe process ??

Of course, I dont mean to shut down Zone Aarm protection (also vsmon.exe) from system tray - right click - shutdown, but in Task Manager (or some other similar program). I actually already tried, and all seemed O.K., but I would like to hear also your opinion, if there is any possibility of some "side effects" if doig that ...

Thanks, and best regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.