ZA Free vs Comodo Pro Free.....

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by bgfalconboy, Oct 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi mercurie,

Not really. So far most of posts have provided constructive input. Therefore, provided the thread doesn't deteriorate into a unsubstantiated blagging contest, it can remain open.

Regards

Menorcaman

2. PhiloVance

PhiloVance Registered Member

Mercurie: How so, is there a faq about this. News to me. o_O

3. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

The other poster was referring to topics that are started with A vs. B questions. Several posts have been closed because those type of topics usually start a flaming war on one product versus the other. The person who posted the topic question should be able to compare the two products and make a judgement on his/her own.

4. bgfalconboy

bgfalconboy Registered Member

I went to the ZA forum and went to Helpful Hints &Links sec. found the same post that the other poster linked to here, but nothing from Slyfox that I could see about clean uninstalling ZAfree. I'm thinking of settling on OA free now. That long thread over on the FW's forum with Mr.Nash putting in alot of input may have put me over the top.:)

5. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

You're right the uninstall instructions are gone. Now he has installation instructions for first time users. Maybe the instructions became obsolete with the latest versions. Just remember to follow what ever instructions you have to the letter, and be sure to delete every last ZA file, especially vsmon. :p

6. Menorcaman

Several less then helpful posts removed. See my Post #26 above and please take note. Any repetition and this thread will be closed.

Regards

Menorcaman

7. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

As for test results, Comodo has achieved higher scores than ZA free since that program has additional features that are not included in the free version of ZA. As for comparing total number of users, I am sure you already know the answer. The majority of users don't remove a piece of software until it either starts to malfunction or fails to provide "enough functionality for what it was intended for". Getting infected comes under the second category. ;)

8. Eh_Greg

Eh_Greg Registered Member

Don't just go by Matousecs tests. Whatever firewall that achieved better than average results if its what your already comfortable with. Comodo firewall version 2.4 is very nice and has some people that will try to help you out... As for uninstalling, if you use Zsoft uninstaller (just look it up) to analyze installations, you can find anything left over that the programs installer didnt remove. You will want to make sure you use the programs uninstaller first though before using DK to check for leftover entries.

Edit: Its Zsoft uninstaller. I have a habit of calling it DK. :D

Last edited: Oct 25, 2007
  9. sultan_emerr

sultan_emerr Registered Member

I used to use ZA, but I now use Comodo Pro Free, and I like Comodo much much better.

10. The Mole

The Mole Registered Member

I always used the original instructions, as they were imo, excellent and very lengthy. But, if you followed them correctly, without missing any steps the final outcome would be successful. I have a copy of them, but since being a new member on this forum, i really don't know if it is allowed to post them?

11. Menorcaman

An unsubstantiated statement such as this adds nothing to, what should be, a technical debate.

Menorcaman

12. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

COMODO free provides more protection than ZA Pro :D

13. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

Ok Ajohn i think we got that point a page ago :D.

I know you have "Comodo Happy Syndrome" but it should not last this long. I had a warning from an admin when i first joined wilders for only talking about comodo :D.

A way to fix it? Try find a con of comodo even if it is minor *puppy* . Or we need someone to make fun of comodo that makes you so angry that you realize how serious you are about a piece of software....

14. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

Yeah I know it was mostly a joke to lighten things up :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.