ZA 6.0.31.002....Is this Normal?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by dja2k, Jul 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

I have been seeing that this version of Zonealarm makes things like DEVICE MANAGER and SERVICES not work until the OS Firewall is turned off. Is this normal? So I am guessing there is no way to turn off OS Firewall without making other programs not being blocked to access the interent via the control panel.

dja2k

2. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

No it doesn`t do that on me and I`ve had it running for 3 or 4 days now. It works great so far.

3. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Nevermind, I had something on Restricted instead of Super or Trusted. By the way, what programs do you characterize as being labeled Restricted, Super or Trusted?

dja2k

4. q1aqza

q1aqza Registered Member

So far I'm finding things like AV and AT apps seem to need super otherwise you get dangerous behaviour alerts from them. Also I have found smss.exe needs to have super if you run BOClean.

The other ones that seem to need super are the core OS ones like svchost, etc.

Most other stuff I set to ask.

5. stueycaster

stueycaster Registered Member

I just updated to this version of ZA on my wife's laptop. The first thing that it did was to say that acs.exe was exhibiting dangerous behavior. I didn't know what it was and didn't have time to research this so I told ZA to block it. Since then I found that acs.exe is part of our wireless network for the laptop. I don't know how I need to set up the permissions for acs in ZA program control. Does anyone have any suggestions? It doesn't seem to have affected the wireless network.

Also maybe I should have posted this somewhere else. I'm not sure if I should have added on to this existing thread or not.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.