ZA 2.6.362 question

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Chuck57, Aug 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

I'm curious if this is still a good firewall, considering it's several generations from being current? I downloaded it to an old laptop I have, Intel 133mhz and 32 RAM, that I use only a few times a year for Internet.

I like the setup for this version much better than the newer ZA products, which I'm not sure that old laptop can handle. I haven't tested the ZA anywhere yet, so don't know if it's stealth.

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

I'm sure that version will work fine on that older laptop. (I myself have an old version of ZAP 2.6.something on an old Win 95 system.)

Also, it should be fully stealth without a problem (unless configured improperly) because ZA 2.6 was capable of providing complete stealth. The product updates since the old v2 days are not because of issues with stealth, but rather they included such things as: bug fixes; code updates to close exploits found since those old versions came out; design changes to address newer and more determined outbound leaktests; etc.

As far as ZAF goes, I'd have no problem saying that ZA 2.6 will provide good basic inbound protection with little worry. It's mostly (though not totally) improvements to the outbound protection that have occurred since the v2.6 days.

3. None

None Guest

Does version 2.6 have better stealth protection than the newer releases?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.