YSZZ 0.9 vip

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by manak, Aug 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manak

manak Registered Member

There are some malicious scripts contain YSZZ 0.9 vip and JSXX 0.44 vip
    Does NOD32 Antivirus 5.2.9.1 protect from 'YSZZ 0.9 vip' and Gondad Exploit Kit(JSXX 0.44 vip) now?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. manak

manak Registered Member

Unfortunately, I don't remember the Website URL address now. By the way AVG can detect Gondad Exploit Kit with JSXX 0.44 vip JavaScript Encrypter at that time.

I could get some info about KaiXin Exploit Pack with Javascript encrypter Yszz 0.7 vip ( [xttp://www.kahusecurity.com/2012/new-chinese-exploit-pack/ ). Of course I believe Yszz 0.9 vip is newer version.

I'm using ESET NOD32 at my home so I don't want to take a risk. I just hope that ESET NOD32 also can detect those things.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2012
  4. manak

manak Registered Member

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  5. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

According to VirusTotal, ESET detects the KaiXin Exploit Pack as Win32/PSW.OnLineGames with various extension updates as new encryptions and versions have been created.

The Java exploits talked about in Kahusecurity's blog post about the KaiXin Exploit Pack lists 3 Java Exploits (Rhino, Atomic and Applet Field) which are covered by ESET Bloggers here, here and here and all are detected by ESET with the latest versions of these files/exploits being added in the last few days. I suspect we'll see even more as they continue to evolve.

ESET Malware Researcher Sébastien Duquette also wrote a blog about it back in October.

The link you posted refers to an article about an NSS Labs test result that we've already covered here.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  6. manak

manak Registered Member

dwomack. Thank you for good information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.