yowxejby.exe?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by WilliamP, Jun 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

My son has yowxejby.exe that wants to run in Windows system 32. He gets a pop up on boot saying that it needs to run or something like that. I can't find anything on that exe. Can anyone shed some light?

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Let's do the math...., something pops up on the radar screen, wants to run on boot, can't find any supporting info, I guess that it is seemingly unexpected (no new installs/etc.). Obviously, a flag or two is raised. With the info in hand at the moment, it really does not look like a desireable exe.

What descriptive information is provided regarding the file (dates, embedded info, etc.)? How is the start initiated? Start with the simple stuff.

Blue

3. jrmhng

jrmhng Registered Member

4. WilliamP

Blue, he was talking to a gal on line and he got a message to click on a link to see some pictures. Well!! I checked my computer and of course there no such exe. in Sys.32.

5. BlueZannetti

You mention a popup on boot though....

Blue

6. WilliamP

I'm talking to him by phone and that is what he told me. I had him run a Hijack this scan and it shows up on the scan. I'm going to tell him to get rid of it.

7. lodore

lodore Registered Member

may as well ask him to run some on demand scanners such as drweb cure it and superantispyware.
    links are in my sig

8. BlueZannetti

OK, now I understand. Two PC's. Different locations. Information relayed to you by phone.

Course of action depends on desires.

You could always advise to have file scanned by a multiscanner to check (no, don't post results here - simply summarize in your own words if relevant) then proceed as indicated.

Wait for expert advise at a HJT forum.

Dump the TIF folders, delete autostart entries related to this file, manually delete the file, verify no system changes or reappearance on reboot, scan with standalone or online scanner.

There are lots of ways to go, all should end up in pretty much the same destination.

Blue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.